- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you would like it to be)
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (optional)
- A few thin slices ginger (optional)
- Allspice berries (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Orange or lime slices for garnish
Pecan crumble ingredient
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, ghee, or duck fat (room temperature, if it was in the refrigerator)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (I used mostly parsley with just a couple rosemary needles and a few thyme leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put 4 cups of the water and the sugar in a medium saucepan. Add cinnamon, ginger slices, and/or a few allspice berries if you would like. Heat until boiling and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in the dried hibiscus flowers.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the used hibiscus flowers, ginger, cinnamon, and/or allspice berries. (At this point you can store ahead the concentrate, chilled, until ready to make the drink.)
- Add remaining 4 cups of water (or if you want to chill the drink quickly, ice and water) to the concentrate, and chill. Alternatively you can add ice and chilled soda water for a bubbly version. Add a little lime juice for a more punch-like flavor. Serve over ice with a slice of orange or lime.
You may also like
Chamomile-Honey Hot Toddy Hot toddy made with chamomile tea, honey, and whiskey. This nightcap will help you doze off in no time! Root Beer Float The quintessential summer treat, a root beer float, with scoops of vanilla ice cream floating in bubbly foamy root beer. Homemade Sassafras Root Beer A recipe for homemade root beer made with the roots of sassafras plants, spices, and molasses. Non-fermented version. Mint and Lime Mojito Fresh Mint Mojitos made by steeping crushed mint in sugar and rum. So refreshing and minty! This make the best mojito ever.