- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you would like it to be)
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (optional)
- A few thin slices ginger (optional)
- Allspice berries (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Orange or lime slices for garnish
Pecan crumble ingredient
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, ghee, or duck fat (room temperature, if it was in the refrigerator)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (I used mostly parsley with just a couple rosemary needles and a few thyme leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put 4 cups of the water and the sugar in a medium saucepan. Add cinnamon, ginger slices, and/or a few allspice berries if you would like. Heat until boiling and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in the dried hibiscus flowers.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the used hibiscus flowers, ginger, cinnamon, and/or allspice berries. (At this point you can store ahead the concentrate, chilled, until ready to make the drink.)
- Add remaining 4 cups of water (or if you want to chill the drink quickly, ice and water) to the concentrate, and chill. Alternatively you can add ice and chilled soda water for a bubbly version. Add a little lime juice for a more punch-like flavor. Serve over ice with a slice of orange or lime.
You may also like
Eggnog Traditional holiday eggnog recipe with eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, and vanilla, bourbon, and brandy. Strawberry Milk Sweet, pink, creamy, and delicious, strawberry milk is a huge hit with the kids, and so easy to make too. Mango Lassi Sweet and rich mango lassi, with mango, milk, yogurt, sugar and a dash of cardamom. Blood Orange French 75 Cocktail Ruby red French 75 cocktail made with blood orange juice, light, bubbly, and refreshing!