- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of almond flour (can substitute ground almonds*)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
- Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Take generous tablespoons of the dough (it will be slightly crumbly) and roll it into a small ball, about an inch in diameter, and then shape into a crescent shape. Place onto parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar. For added decadence let the cookies cool and dip one end of them into some melted chocolate, then let the chocolate harden.
You may also like
Snickerdoodles Classic snickerdoodle cookie recipe, cinnamon sugar topped cookies, crackly on the outside while pliable on the inside. Ginger Almond Biscotti Ginger almond biscotti cookie recipe with ginger and toasted almonds, as well as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and all spice. Perfect for dipping in coffee. Blackberry Cobbler Blackberry cobbler with fresh blackberries and topped with a homemade biscuity cobbler topping Cranberry Orange Nut Bread Delicious cranberry nut bread! With chopped cranberries, walnuts, and hints of orange. Perfect for the holidays.