- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of almond flour (can substitute ground almonds*)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
- Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Take generous tablespoons of the dough (it will be slightly crumbly) and roll it into a small ball, about an inch in diameter, and then shape into a crescent shape. Place onto parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar. For added decadence let the cookies cool and dip one end of them into some melted chocolate, then let the chocolate harden.
You may also like
Suzanne’s Chocolate Cake Rich, moist, three-layer chocolate cake with a butter cocoa frosting. Key Lime Pie Classic key lime pie, a tangy chilled custard pie with lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, in a graham cracker crust. St. Lucia Saffron Buns Swedish Christmastime favorite, saffron infused S shaped sweet rolls, for St. Lucia Day. Gingerbread Man Cookies No cookie says Christmas more than a gingerbread man cookie! A classic gingerbread men cookie recipe.