- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of almond flour (can substitute ground almonds*)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
- Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Take generous tablespoons of the dough (it will be slightly crumbly) and roll it into a small ball, about an inch in diameter, and then shape into a crescent shape. Place onto parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar. For added decadence let the cookies cool and dip one end of them into some melted chocolate, then let the chocolate harden.
You may also like
Irish Soda Bread Quick and easy Irish soda bread recipe with flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, raisins, an egg, and a touch of sugar. Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies Grandma's favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, with oats, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, shortening, walnuts and raisins (optional on the raisins). Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies Soft, chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies! Made with dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and fresh ginger. Pumpkin Gingerbread Perfect for the holidays, richly flavored pumpkin gingerbread made with pumpkin purée, flour, butter, ginger, molasses, brown sugar, and lots of spices.