- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour -or- 3 cups of blanched slivered almonds, finely ground up
- 1 1/4 cup of baker's sugar (superfine sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- Extra sugar for dusting
- 1/3 cup (43 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 300 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor mill together the almond flour and sugar. Add the vanilla and almond extract and pulse for a few seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to process until the dough is smooth.
- Place teaspoons of the dough on the parchment paper and dust with sugar. Bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving. They will be slightly chewy at first, but they will be nicely crispy as a day or two goes by. Store in a cool, dry place. (Note: I usually underbake mine since I like them chewy. If that's your preference, bake them for about 20-24 minutes.)
You may also like
Plum Cobbler Easy and delicious classic plum cobbler, using Santa Rosa plums, topped with a biscuity cobbler topping. Apple Coffee Cake Apple Coffee Cake that's quick, easy, and delicious! Perfect for a Sunday brunch or with your morning coffee. Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie BEST homemade pumpkin pie recipe! With fresh or canned pumpkin purée, cream, brown and white sugar, eggs, and pumpkin spice Classic Vanilla and Chocolate Marbled Bundt Cake Marbled vanilla and chocolate bundt cake with chocolate chips and vanilla glaze. Very easy. Great for big parties and potlucks.