- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour -or- 3 cups of blanched slivered almonds, finely ground up
- 1 1/4 cup of baker's sugar (superfine sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- Extra sugar for dusting
- 1/3 cup (43 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 300 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor mill together the almond flour and sugar. Add the vanilla and almond extract and pulse for a few seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to process until the dough is smooth.
- Place teaspoons of the dough on the parchment paper and dust with sugar. Bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving. They will be slightly chewy at first, but they will be nicely crispy as a day or two goes by. Store in a cool, dry place. (Note: I usually underbake mine since I like them chewy. If that's your preference, bake them for about 20-24 minutes.)
You may also like
Yankee Cornbread Sweet Yankee cornbread. A favorite of New Englanders! This version made with Greek yogurt and extra cornmeal. Great with chicken or chili. Guinness Brownies Moist, rich, chocolatey Guinness brownies, a perfect treat for St Patricks day! Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread Simple and gluten-free Brazilian cheese bread, or Pão de Queijo, made with tapioca flour, milk, eggs, olive oil, and cheese. Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies Shortbread cookies packed with chocolate and laced with orange zest.