- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour -or- 3 cups of blanched slivered almonds, finely ground up
- 1 1/4 cup of baker's sugar (superfine sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- Extra sugar for dusting
- 1/3 cup (43 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 300 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor mill together the almond flour and sugar. Add the vanilla and almond extract and pulse for a few seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to process until the dough is smooth.
- Place teaspoons of the dough on the parchment paper and dust with sugar. Bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving. They will be slightly chewy at first, but they will be nicely crispy as a day or two goes by. Store in a cool, dry place. (Note: I usually underbake mine since I like them chewy. If that's your preference, bake them for about 20-24 minutes.)
You may also like
BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with browned butter, chocolate chips, and pecans. Focaccia Bread with Rosemary This simple Homemade Focaccia Bread is the best! A dimpled yeasted Italian flat bread flavored with olive oil and rosemary. Potato Dinner Rolls Potato rolls! So soft and fluffy. These are THE BEST dinner rolls ever. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or for sandwich sliders. Peach Cobbler Peach cobbler, easy and delicious! Prepared with ripe yellow peaches, lemon, nutmeg, and a crumbled dough topping.