- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour -or- 3 cups of blanched slivered almonds, finely ground up
- 1 1/4 cup of baker's sugar (superfine sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- Extra sugar for dusting
- 1/3 cup (43 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 300 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor mill together the almond flour and sugar. Add the vanilla and almond extract and pulse for a few seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to process until the dough is smooth.
- Place teaspoons of the dough on the parchment paper and dust with sugar. Bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving. They will be slightly chewy at first, but they will be nicely crispy as a day or two goes by. Store in a cool, dry place. (Note: I usually underbake mine since I like them chewy. If that's your preference, bake them for about 20-24 minutes.)
You may also like
How to Make Fluffy Gluten-Free Biscuits Here's how to make fluffy, flaky, mile-high gluten-free biscuits! They're everything you want in a biscuit, just without the gluten. Use any favorite gluten-free flour mix. Irish Brown Bread REAL Irish Brown Bread! 100% whole wheat. Slice, toast, and spread with Irish butter. Shaved Asparagus and Potato Pizza Shaved asparagus, baby potatoes, and gouda cheese. A perfect spring meal or easy party appetizer. Eat asparagus while it lasts! Almond Crescent Cookies Almond crescents, little almond cookies shaped into crescents and dusted with powdered sugar.