- 30 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half'
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 6-ounce cans chopped clams (and their juices)
- 8 ounces capellini or angel hair pasta
- Salt for the pasta water
For the Brussels sprouts:
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup pomegranate arils
- Place sliced cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Toss with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 2 Tbsp of the chopped fresh basil. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (4 quarts of water, 2 Tbsp salt). While the water is coming to a boil, prep the shallots and garlic and start the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the sliced shallots and cook until translucent, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped clams with their juices. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer at a low temperature while the pasta is cooking.
- Once the salted pasta water comes to a rolling boil, add pasta and cook, uncovered at high heat until al dente, no more than 2 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add the 1/4 cup of pasta water to the sauce in the sauté pan.
- Add the pasta to the cherry tomato mixture and toss to combine. Stir in the remaining 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Refried Beans How to make traditional Mexican refried beans, using either regular or pressure cooker methods. White Bean and Tuna Salad Simple tuna and white bean salad, a classic combination and so easy to make! Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Shallots Quick and Easy! Chicken thighs browned and baked, served with a creamy mushroom, shallot, tarragon sauce. Turmeric Cauliflower Curry Easy vegetarian Cauliflower Curry with lots of anti-inflammatory Turmeric! With cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, and peas. 30 minutes.