- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta (also called capellini)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) chopped chives
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts water)
- In a smaller pot, heat the cream, chicken stock and lemon juice to a low simmer. Simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the angel hair pasta to the boiling water.
- Add the shrimp to the simmering lemon cream sauce. Stir well and add a pinch of salt and black pepper. The shrimp should cook in about the same time as the angel hair pasta, about 3 to 4 minutes. Halfway through the cooking, stir in the parsley and chives.
- When the pasta is done, drain and put it in a large bowl. Stir in the shrimp and lemon cream sauce, the lemon zest, and most of the Parmesan. Divide into servings, and top with the remaining parmesan. Note, if the resulting mixture seems too dry, just add a little water or cream. If it seems too wet, don't worry, the pasta will absorb the sauce.
You may also like
Braised Turkey Legs Delicious Turkey Stew! Made with flavorful turkey legs, browned and braised, served with root vegetables. Steak Diane Pan-fried steak with a Diane sauce of cognac, shallots, butter, mustard and cream. Ginger Beef Stir Fry Easy Beef Stir Fry! With ginger and scallions and a honey soy marinade. Homemade Pizza Classic homemade pizza recipe, including pizza dough and toppings, step-by-step instructions with photos. Make perfect pizza at home!