- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta (also called capellini)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) chopped chives
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts water)
- In a smaller pot, heat the cream, chicken stock and lemon juice to a low simmer. Simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the angel hair pasta to the boiling water.
- Add the shrimp to the simmering lemon cream sauce. Stir well and add a pinch of salt and black pepper. The shrimp should cook in about the same time as the angel hair pasta, about 3 to 4 minutes. Halfway through the cooking, stir in the parsley and chives.
- When the pasta is done, drain and put it in a large bowl. Stir in the shrimp and lemon cream sauce, the lemon zest, and most of the Parmesan. Divide into servings, and top with the remaining parmesan. Note, if the resulting mixture seems too dry, just add a little water or cream. If it seems too wet, don't worry, the pasta will absorb the sauce.
You may also like
Braised, Stuffed Pork Shoulder Pork shoulder roast, stuffed with a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic, and herbs, then braised in white wine with garlic, rosemary and herbs. Rabbit Cacciatore Rabbit, browned first in olive oil, then braised with onions, garlic, red bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and herbs. Chickpea Potato Curry Quick and easy chickpea curry with Yukon Gold potatoes, stewed tomatoes, cumin, ginger, coriander and garbanzo beans. Quick Beef Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers Quick stir-fried beef strips with sliced onions and red and green bell peppers.