- 4 Flour tortillas (approximately 8-inches wide)
- 1 cup cooked, shredded or chopped, chicken meat
- 1/4 lb cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, sliced or grated
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Heat the tortilla until puffy: Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Place one tortilla in the skillet. Flip it a couple of times with a spatula, then let it sit in the pan heating up until air pockets form and parts of the tortilla begin to puff up. Flip it again.
- Add cheese and chicken, fold over: Place cheese slices on half of the tortilla, at least 1/2-inch from the edge of the tortilla. Add chicken pieces on top of the cheese. Fold the tortilla over like an omelette, and press down on the folded tortilla with the spatula. Lower the heat to medium. At this point, if you have enough room in your skillet, you can add a second tortilla to the pan to begin to heat it up.
- Add apple slices and salsa, cut into triangles: When the cheese inside the quesadilla has melted, remove the quesadilla to a cutting board. Open it wide and layer on apple slices and salsa. Fold the tortilla back again, and cut it into 3 triangles, as if you were cutting a pie. (You don't have to cut the quesadilla into triangles, it just makes it easier for kids to eat.)
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
You may also like
Joe’s Special (Scrambled Eggs with Spinach, Beef, and Mushrooms) Make a diner classic for dinner tonight - Joe's Special! Scrambled eggs with spinach, beef, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. 30 minutes. Pasta with Turkey Meatballs and Roasted Vegetables Pasta dinner with turkey meatballs and roasted vegetables. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. Quick, easy, and satisfying. Ready in about 30 minutes. Mozzarella and Tomato Skillet Pita Pizzas Quick and easy caprese pita pizzas, cooked in a skillet! With tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and pita bread. Peanut Butter and Honey Granola Bars Homemade granola bars with peanut butter, honey, oats, and golden raisins.