- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You may also like
Gingersnap Cookies Best Gingersnap Cookies ever! Ultra-thin gingersnap cookies with molasses and ground ginger, baked until lightly browned and crispy. Chocolate Zucchini Cake Tried and true moist chocolate zucchini cake with shredded zucchini, orange peel, pecans and a sugar glaze. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies spiked with just a touch of coffee. Plum Cobbler Easy and delicious classic plum cobbler, using Santa Rosa plums, topped with a biscuity cobbler topping.