- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You may also like
Lemon Tart Positively scrumptious lemon tart with lemon curd, candied lemon peel, and an almond-hinted shortbread crust. Chocolate Mousse Chocolate mousse is a great dessert for entertaining because 1) it looks pretty, 2) everyone gets their own serving, and 3) you can make it a day ahead of time. Chocolate Ganache Torte Over-the-top rich chocolate ganache torte recipe with up to two pounds of chocolate, a stick of butter and a cup of cream. Also called Death-By-Chocolate. Chiffon Pumpkin Pie A truly special chiffon pumpkin pie with a light pudding-like pumpkin filling and a gingersnap cookie crust.