- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You may also like
Pumpkin Bars with Streusel Topping Pumpkin bars with a cheesecake-like filling and a crunchy streusel topping. Makes the perfect fall or Thanksgiving dessert! Gingerbread Cupcakes Holiday spiced molasses gingerbread cupcakes with tangy lemon icing. Orange Cornmeal Cake Orange Cornmeal Cake! Like a cross between coffee cake and cornbread. Light and moist, not too sweet. Butter Pecan Ice Cream Homemade butter pecan ice cream, made with a custard base, browned butter, and toasted pecans.