- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You may also like
New England Apple Cheddar Galette Rustic apple tart, New England style with cheddar cheese! Chocolate Banana Bread Tender, chocolatey chocolate banana bread! Double chocolate with cocoa and chocolate chips. Champagne Sorbet Champagne sorbet recipe, perfect dessert for the holidays or special occasions. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Tasty no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars, including kosher substitutions for Passover