- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You may also like
Mrs. Adams’ Delicious Pound Cake A truly delicious pound cake recipe made with 1 lb of Imperial margarine, 6 eggs, 1 lb of sugar, and 3 cups of cake flour. Strawberry Shortcake Old-fashioned Strawberry Shortcake! with fresh strawberries, sliced and macerated in sugar, spooned over freshly baked biscuits, topped with whipped cream. Gingerbread Cupcakes Holiday spiced molasses gingerbread cupcakes with tangy lemon icing. Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes) Chocolate-dipped peanut butter buckeyes are so easy to make at home and are essential for any cookie tray.