- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You may also like
Blackberry Slump Blackberry Slump! Blackberries cooked on the stovetop with sugar and lemon, topped with dumplings. Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies Shortbread cookies packed with chocolate and laced with orange zest. Walnut Mocha Torte German-style torte made with ground walnuts, whipped eggs, and bread crumbs, and a mocha whipped cream frosting. Grandma’s Zucchini Cake My grandmother's recipe for a gently spicy sheet cake, made with freshly grated zucchini.