- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups packed trimmed arugula, coarsely chopped
- Focaccia bread, halved horizontally (enough for 4 sandwiches)
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced thin (fresh is best)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
To serve (optional):
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cilantro or mint leaves
- Extra gochujang
- Cooked rice, optional
- Nori (seaweed sheets), optional
- In a large bowl or baking dish combine tomatoes, onion, and vinegar and season with pepper and salt. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Layer mozzarella, tomatoes, onions and arugula on the focaccia half. Spread some mayonnaise on the top half of the focaccia if desired. Press top half over the bottom, hold together with a couple of tooth picks.
You may also like
Sopa Seca de Fideo Sopa seca de fideo, angel hair nest pasta, first browned in olive oil, then cooked in a broth with tomatoes and onions. Chicken Cutlets with Caper Sauce Easy chicken cutlets with caper sauce. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin, seared, served with a caper sauce over arugula, fennel and shaved Parmesan. 1 pan, cooks in 15 minutes! Fish Chowder Creamy fish chowder! With cod, or firm white fish, Yukon Gold potatoes, onions, clam juice, and cream. Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Orange Pecan Cookies Oatmeal raisin cookies with dark chocolate chips, orange zest, pecans, and browned butter.