- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups packed trimmed arugula, coarsely chopped
- Focaccia bread, halved horizontally (enough for 4 sandwiches)
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced thin (fresh is best)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
To serve (optional):
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cilantro or mint leaves
- Extra gochujang
- Cooked rice, optional
- Nori (seaweed sheets), optional
- In a large bowl or baking dish combine tomatoes, onion, and vinegar and season with pepper and salt. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Layer mozzarella, tomatoes, onions and arugula on the focaccia half. Spread some mayonnaise on the top half of the focaccia if desired. Press top half over the bottom, hold together with a couple of tooth picks.
You may also like
Extra Thick Apple Pie Mile-high apple pie, extra thick apple pie stacked high with apples, not overly sweet, with a buttery crust Spicy Grilled Turkey Burger with Coleslaw Spicy grilled turkey burger served with tomatoes, sweet pickles, and coleslaw. Not your everyday turkey burger, these have fresh chives, bread crumbs, basil and Tabasco sauce. Chicken Liver Pâté Easy chicken liver pâté with shallots, garlic, brandy, capers and thyme, blended smooth to spread on bread or crackers. Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Shaved brussels sprouts made with thinly sliced brussels sprouts, tossed in lemon juice, sautéed in olive oil with garlic and mustard seeds.