- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups packed trimmed arugula, coarsely chopped
- Focaccia bread, halved horizontally (enough for 4 sandwiches)
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced thin (fresh is best)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
To serve (optional):
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cilantro or mint leaves
- Extra gochujang
- Cooked rice, optional
- Nori (seaweed sheets), optional
- In a large bowl or baking dish combine tomatoes, onion, and vinegar and season with pepper and salt. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Layer mozzarella, tomatoes, onions and arugula on the focaccia half. Spread some mayonnaise on the top half of the focaccia if desired. Press top half over the bottom, hold together with a couple of tooth picks.
You may also like
Panko-Crusted Baked Salmon Panko-crusted baked salmon! Salmon steaks or fillets coated in honey mustard, breaded with Japanese panko crumbs, and baked to perfection. Eggs Mimosa with Artichoke Tapenade Hard boiled egg whites stuffed with artichoke heart tapenade and sprinkled with grated cooked egg yolks Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes Do you love oatmeal? Do you love pancakes? You should try them when they are one and the same. Family favorite oatmeal pancake recipe. Chocolate Mint Cupcakes If Thin Mints were cupcakes, they would be these! Dark chocolate, minty, cakey cupcakes.