- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups packed trimmed arugula, coarsely chopped
- Focaccia bread, halved horizontally (enough for 4 sandwiches)
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced thin (fresh is best)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
To serve (optional):
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cilantro or mint leaves
- Extra gochujang
- Cooked rice, optional
- Nori (seaweed sheets), optional
- In a large bowl or baking dish combine tomatoes, onion, and vinegar and season with pepper and salt. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Layer mozzarella, tomatoes, onions and arugula on the focaccia half. Spread some mayonnaise on the top half of the focaccia if desired. Press top half over the bottom, hold together with a couple of tooth picks.
You may also like
Salmon Salad Cool off with this easy Chilled Salmon Salad! Gently poached salmon tossed with celery, red onions, capers, and dill. Broccoli Cheddar Casserole Best broccoli cheese casserole ever. Broccoli florets, blanched and baked with bacon and cheddar cheese in a milk, cream, and egg custard, spiced with black pepper. Cherry Clafoutis Fresh cherries baked in a custard-like base with slivered almonds, almond and vanilla extract. Lightly dusted with powdered sugar. Baked Tilapia with Sun-dried Tomato Parmesan Crust Easy baked tilapia fillets with sun-dried tomato, Parmesan, breadcrumb crust, and optional berry sauce.