- 2 medium beets, cooked (roasted* or boiled**) until a fork easily goes in one (about an hour), peeled, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 handfuls (about 2.5 ounces) fresh baby arugula
- 4 Tbsp goat cheese (about 1.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dry powdered mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to emulsify. Adjust ingredients to taste.
- Assemble the salad according to how much you want. Compose each dish with a handful of arugula leaves, a few cooked chopped beets, some crumbled goat cheese, and some chopped toasted walnuts.
- Drizzle the salad with vinaigrette. (You may have a little extra vinaigrette.)
You may also like
Steak Salad Quick and easy steak salad with thin slices of steak served over arugula and lettuce greens, goat cheese, scallions, avocado, and bell pepper. Serve with lemon vinaigrette. Arugula Corn Salad with Bacon Peppery corn salad with freshly cooked corn, arugula, bacon, green onions, and cumin. Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese Arugula salad with beets, goat cheese, walnuts and a simple vinaigrette. Lentil Salad with Arugula and Feta This lentil salad with arugula and feta cheese makes a great lunch or light dinner! Toss with a sherry vinaigrette, red onions, dried currants, and chopped cilantro.