- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (if seasoned rice vinegar is not available, add a teaspoon or two of sugar to regular rice vinegar)
- 8 cups thinly sliced cabbage (Napa, green, purple, or a combination)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted, salted, shelled, peeled peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 hinly sliced green onions or chives
- Prepare dressing: Place peanut butter in a medium bowl. Add the vegetable oil and the toasted sesame oil and whisk until nicely smooth. Whisk in the seasoned rice vinegar and do a taste test. Depending on how you like your dressing, how salty your peanut butter is, how seasoned your rice vinegar is, you may want to add a little more vinegar, a little more sugar, or a little salt. (Makes about 3/4 cup of dressing.)
- Toast the peanuts: Although the roasted peanuts from the store may already be cooked, you'll get even better flavor with just a little toasting. Heat a small skillet on medium high heat and add the nuts to the pan. Do not ignore or the nuts can easily burn. Stir a little with a wooden spoon until the peanuts begin to get browned in spots and you can smell the toasting aromas. Remove peanuts from pan to a dish.
- Toss together cabbage, carrots, peanuts, dressing: In a large bowl, toss the sliced cabbage, grated carrots, and peanuts together, and any other optional ingredients you care to add (like a little chopped cilantro or green onions). Right before serving, mix in the dressing. Great with fish or burgers.
You may also like
Fennel Slaw with Mint Vinaigrette Fennel slaw salad with thinly sliced fennel bulb and a fresh mint vinaigrette. Great with seafood! Spicy Grilled Turkey Burger with Coleslaw Spicy grilled turkey burger served with tomatoes, sweet pickles, and coleslaw. Not your everyday turkey burger, these have fresh chives, bread crumbs, basil and Tabasco sauce. No Mayo Coleslaw No mayo coleslaw, great for tacos! Cool and crunchy, thinly sliced cabbage with carrots and radishes. Citrusy Cabbage Salad with Cumin and Coriander Colorful shredded cabbage salad with oranges and radishes and a zesty lime cumin coriander dressing!