- 10-12 ounces of canned white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (taste for heat and adjust, can also sub some chili pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- Optional: 8 ounces (dry) soba noodles* or fresh lettuce
Optional base flavorings:
- Mint leaves (1 bunch, stems removed, chopped, about 1 cup)
- Cinnamon and cardamon (1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom pods)
- Amaretto (1-2 tablespoons)
- Almond extract (1 teaspoon)
- Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion. Serve with lettuce, or mixed in with cold, cooked soba noodles.
You may also like
Tuna Casserole Retro comfort food tuna noodle casserole topped with crushed potato chips, and made with canned tuna, egg noodles, mushrooms, broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, and cheddar cheese. Avocado Tuna Salad Healthy and easy! Avocado Tuna Salad with avocado, canned tuna, red onion, celery, and NO mayo. Tuna Patties Quick, easy, delicious tuna patties! Best thing you can make with canned tuna. Kid-friendly, Budget-friendly. Pasta with Tuna and Arugula Quick, easy, and surprisingly delicious, pasta with wilted arugula and a sauce made of olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and canned tuna.