- 1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
- 2 Tbsp of the most exquisite extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese (omit if cooking vegan)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat blanching water: Fill a medium saucepan halfway with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Prep the asparagus: While the water is heating, prepare the asparagus. Rinse them thoroughly; break off any tough, white bottoms and discard. Cut the spears into 1 to 2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- Blanch the asparagus: Add the asparagus to the boiling water and lower the heat slightly to maintain a simmer. Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the hot water.
- Toss with olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest: While the asparagus are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, Parmesan, and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or room temperature. Note that when you are working with so few ingredients, it's important to make sure they are of the highest quality.
You may also like
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Brussels sprouts, oven-roasted with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce Elegant steamed asparagus served with a Hollandaise butter sauce. Perfect for Mothers Day or a special breakfast, or a side for a special dinner! Collard Greens with Bacon Collard greens cooked until wilted with bacon, onion, garlic, vinegar, sugar, and a dash of hot sauce. Sautéed Kale with Smoked Paprika BEST sautéed kale you will ever taste! Seasoned with smoked paprika and crushed chile pepper flakes.