- 1 large shallot, sliced thin (can sub a few thin slices of red onion or some sliced spring onion)
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, rinsed, tough ends broken off and discarded (or saved for stock)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 15-ounce jar of good quality marinated artichoke hearts, quartered or cut in half (depending on the size of the artichokes)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the sliced shallots in the lemon juice as you get ready to make the rest of the salad.
- Roast or Grill the asparagus: To roast the asparagus, preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat the asparagus spears with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and salt them well. Lay in a single layer in a foil-lined roasting pan, and cook for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and fork tender. To grill the asparagus, prepare your charcoal or gas grill for high direct heat. Coat the asparagus with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill them until nicely charred and fork tender, between 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the oven or grill and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the asparagus and all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine. Add as much of the marinating liquid from the jarred artichokes as you like. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
You may also like
Asparagus Mimosa with Hard Boiled Eggs and Capers Asparagus Mimosa! Asparagus spears, boiled until crisp tender, served with grated boiled eggs and a caper vinaigrette. Oven-Roasted Salmon, Asparagus and New Potatoes Oven Roasted Salmon, Asparagus & New Potatoes are quick, EASY, and delicious! Make everything in one sheet pan, easy clean-up, perfect for a midweek dinner Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce Elegant steamed asparagus served with a Hollandaise butter sauce. Perfect for Mothers Day or a special breakfast, or a side for a special dinner! Shaved Asparagus and Potato Pizza Shaved asparagus, baby potatoes, and gouda cheese. A perfect spring meal or easy party appetizer. Eat asparagus while it lasts!