- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin spear asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (can use cottage cheese if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup corn (cooked or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (cooked or raw, raw will turn out crunchier)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup cubed ham and/or cooked Italian sausage
- A few slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence, or other dried herbs, or a Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs such as basil, rosemary, or thyme
- Cook shallots in butter: Heat butter into a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture: Beat the eggs and ricotta cheese together, stir in the chives and tarragon. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 4 to 5 minutes. While cooking, pre-heat oven broiler.
- Top with cheese and broil: Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the eggs and put in oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, and the center is set, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven with oven mitts and slide frittata onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges. (Be very careful with the hot pan handle! I usually ice down the handle of any long handled pan I take out of the oven so that no one mistakenly tries to pick up the pan by the hot handle.)
You may also like
Vegetable Shakshuka with Pesto Summer Vegetable Shakshuka! Poached eggs in a rich tomato and vegetable sauce with pesto. Serve for brunch or light dinner. How To Make French Crêpes Homemade French crepes are so fun and surprisingly EASY! Like making pancakes! Simple blender batter and a nonstick skillet. Lots of ideas for favorite ways to fill and serve. Huevos Rancheros Huevos rancheros with fried eggs served on corn tortillas and smothered in cooked salsa. BEST Mexican breakfast ever! Chilaquiles Mexican chilaquiles, strips of fried corn tortillas simmered in salsa, and served with cheese, eggs, or beans.