- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin spear asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (can use cottage cheese if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup corn (cooked or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (cooked or raw, raw will turn out crunchier)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup cubed ham and/or cooked Italian sausage
- A few slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence, or other dried herbs, or a Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs such as basil, rosemary, or thyme
- Cook shallots in butter: Heat butter into a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture: Beat the eggs and ricotta cheese together, stir in the chives and tarragon. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 4 to 5 minutes. While cooking, pre-heat oven broiler.
- Top with cheese and broil: Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the eggs and put in oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, and the center is set, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven with oven mitts and slide frittata onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges. (Be very careful with the hot pan handle! I usually ice down the handle of any long handled pan I take out of the oven so that no one mistakenly tries to pick up the pan by the hot handle.)
You may also like
Mushroom Pie Mushroom pie with fresh mushrooms, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, eggs, parsley, garlic, and cream. Zucchini Breakfast Casserole Savory zucchini casserole with eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan, plum tomatoes, bread, and basil. Zucchini ricotta strata. Asparagus Quiche with Fontina Cheese This asparagus quiche with fontina cheese is perfect for Easter brunch or a spring meal. The secret to really creamy quiche? Heavy cream! Guacamole Deviled Eggs Green deviled eggs! Hard boiled egg halves, stuffed with avocado guacamole.