- 1 pound asparagus, woody stem ends removed
- 1/2 pound pink salad shrimp, cooked, shelled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons, depending on how much you like fresh garlic)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp of capers (strain out the pickling juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the asparagus: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and salt it well. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Add the shrimp to the pot of boiling water. If they are pre-cooked, remove after 30 seconds—this is just to warm them. If the shrimp are uncooked, boil them for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the shrimp and add them to a large bowl.
- Slice the asparagus spears thinly on the diagonal until you get close to the tip. Cut the asparagus tips off in one piece. (They look prettier that way.)
- Toss everything to combine: Put the asparagus in the bowl with the shrimp. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice if desired, to taste.
You may also like
Pacific Black Cod Escabeche Black cod fillets marinated in a vinegar oil mixture and served as a classic escabeche. Shrimp Scampi Quick and easy shrimp scampi, shrimp sautéed with garlic in butter, olive oil, and white wine, tossed with red pepper flakes and parsley. Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad Simple pasta salad with smoked salmon, orange bell peppers, celery, green onions, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Baked Lingcod with Lemon-Garlic Butter Sauce Baked ling cod recipe served with a lemon garlic butter sauce.