- Toasted whole grain bread
- Sliced avocado (see How to Cut and Peel an Avocado)
- Lettuce (Boston Bibb or butter lettuce work well)
- Sliced fresh tomato
- Kosher salt
For the salad:
- 1 cup small dried lentils, such as French green lentils
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 bunches (about 6 cups) arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces (about 2/3 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- For each sandwich, toast two slices of whole grain bread. While the bread is toasting, slice your tomato and avocado.
- Slather as much (or little) mayonnaise as you like on one side of each slice of toasted bread. Add a layer of sliced avocado and sprinkle a little kosher salt over it. Add a layer of lettuce and a layer of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle a little salt over the tomatoes too.
- Top with the second slice of toasted bread. Cut the sandwich in half if you want, to make it easier to eat. Enjoy!
You may also like
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps make an easy, light meal any night of the week. Skip ordering take-out and make these instead! Chicken Mango Lettuce Wraps Chicken Mango Lettuce wraps are light and nourishing, made with stir fried chicken, shiitake mushrooms, and diced mango, served in wraps of lettuce! Classic Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing is such a classic! Made with iceberg lettuce, bacon, cherry tomatoes, and homemade blue cheese dressing. Takes 15 minutes. Grilled Romaine Lettuce Hearts of romaine lettuce, painted with a herb vinaigrette, and grilled. Served whole, or chopped for a grilled salad.