- 1/2 cup of hulled, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, plus a dash extra
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, plus a dash extra
- 3/4 teaspoon of ancho chili powder, plus a dash extra
- 12 oz. of bitter or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup (8 fluid ounces, 236 ml) strong coffee (I use decaf, with twice the amount of coffee for the liquid as I would usually use to drink)
- 1 ounce (30 g) of chocolate chips (a little less than 1/4 of a cup)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 fluid ounces, 236 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Toast the pumpkin seeds: Place the pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium-low heat. Toast the pumpkin seeds for about 5 minutes, they'll pop and jump a bit as they release their oils and moisture. Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate, stir in spices, pumpkin seeds: Melt the chocolate according to the manufacturer's directions. Once melted add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ancho chili powder, and most of the pumpkin seeds saving some to decorate the top with.
- Spread on lined baking sheet and chill: Spread onto a flat baking pan lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Sprinkle over and press into the chocolate the last few pumpkin seeds and sprinkle on a dash more of the spices for color and taste. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until hardened. Break into pieces and serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container. Best consumed in one or two days.
You may also like
Caramel Sauce Classic smooth, creamy, and delicious caramel sauce recipe. Made with sugar, butter, and cream. Caramel Apples Traditional caramel apples recipe. Apples on a stick, dipped in delicious caramel sauce. Perfect for Halloween! Sugared Pecans Easy to make sugar coated pecans. Pecan halves are coated first with egg whites, then sugar and spices, then baked in the oven for half an hour. How to Make Butterscotch When was the last time you tasted authentic butterscotch? A classic butterscotch sauce recipe with brown sugar, butter, and cream.