- One bluefish fillet (1/2 pound to 1 pound)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 5 very thin slices of fresh lemon
- 3 pats of butter (about a teaspoon each)
- Several sprigs of fresh herbs such as tarragon, thyme, fennel fronds, and/or parsley (or a teaspoon of dried herbs such as Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence)
- 3 Tbsp dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a piece of foil large enough to enclose the bluefish fillet. (You can double layer the foil if you are working with thin foil). Place the foil in a roasting pan. Rinse the bluefish fillet and place it in the center of the foil, skin side down.
- Sprinkle the fillet with salt and pepper. Lay a layer of thin lemon slices on top of the fillet. Arrange pats of butter along the top of the fillet. Lay several sprigs of fresh herbs on top of the butter and lemon slices.
- Create a boat shape with the foil around the fish so that liquid does not leak out. Pour white wine over the fish, and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Crimp the edges of the foil together so they are relatively sealed.
- Place in the preheated oven (or you can put the foil packet on the grill) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or so, until the fish is cooked through and opaque. Carefully lift the fillet from the foil and place on a serving dish. Pour the cooking liquid over the fish to serve.
You may also like
Honey Mustard Baked Salmon Honey Mustard Salmon, a quick, easy, delicious way to dress up salmon fillets! Takes only 20 minutes start to finish. Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce Spring rolls with shrimp and vegetables! So fresh and easy. Make for a snack, appetizer, or light meal. Serve with peanut sauce for dipping! Shrimp, Lemon, Spinach Linguine Sautéed shrimp with caramelized lemons, tossed with shallots, spinach and linguine. Delicious! Crab Mango and Avocado Salad Crab mango salad with avocado! Dungeness crab lump meat gently folded with cilantro, lime, avocado and mango. Served with a citrus mango sauce.