- One bluefish fillet (1/2 pound to 1 pound)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 5 very thin slices of fresh lemon
- 3 pats of butter (about a teaspoon each)
- Several sprigs of fresh herbs such as tarragon, thyme, fennel fronds, and/or parsley (or a teaspoon of dried herbs such as Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence)
- 3 Tbsp dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a piece of foil large enough to enclose the bluefish fillet. (You can double layer the foil if you are working with thin foil). Place the foil in a roasting pan. Rinse the bluefish fillet and place it in the center of the foil, skin side down.
- Sprinkle the fillet with salt and pepper. Lay a layer of thin lemon slices on top of the fillet. Arrange pats of butter along the top of the fillet. Lay several sprigs of fresh herbs on top of the butter and lemon slices.
- Create a boat shape with the foil around the fish so that liquid does not leak out. Pour white wine over the fish, and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Crimp the edges of the foil together so they are relatively sealed.
- Place in the preheated oven (or you can put the foil packet on the grill) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or so, until the fish is cooked through and opaque. Carefully lift the fillet from the foil and place on a serving dish. Pour the cooking liquid over the fish to serve.
You may also like
Crab Salad with Pear and Hazelnuts Delicious crab salad! with hazelnuts and chopped pear, served on a bed of butter lettuce. Peppery Garlic Prawns Shrimp marinated in a mixture of garlic, pepper, lemon juice, and brandy, quickly sautéed and served over rice with a sprinkling of parsley. Honey Mustard Baked Salmon Honey Mustard Salmon, a quick, easy, delicious way to dress up salmon fillets! Takes only 20 minutes start to finish. Brazilian Salmon Stew (Moqueca) Salmon stew based on Brazilian style moqueca fish stew. Salmon marinated in garlic, lime juice, paprika and cumin, the cooked with onions, bell peppers, tomato, cilantro, and coconut milk.