- 2 pounds (900 g) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes (a heaping basket or 25 to 30 cherry tomatoes)
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dry rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups* chicken stock
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes, strained
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Arrange chicken thighs in casserole dish, sprinkle with salt: Place chicken thighs in a baking dish that allows for a little room between the thighs. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prep cherry tomatoes with garlic, vinegar, oil: Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place in a bowl with the whole garlic cloves. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, rosemary around chicken: Pour the cherry tomatoes over the chicken pieces and arrange so that they are squeezed around the chicken pieces. You want the chicken skins to be exposed so they brown in the oven. Lay sprigs of rosemary over the tomatoes. (If you are using dry rosemary instead of fresh sprigs, just mix it in with the tomatoes.)
- Bake: Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes, until the chicken is well browned on the top and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Skim the excess chicken fat with a ladle. Serve with toasted crusty bread, buttered noodles, or rice. (Skip for paleo option, skip bread and noodles for gluten-free versions.)
You may also like
Roast Beef Classic roast beef recipe using rump roast, round roast, or sirloin tip. This slow roasting method at low heat is good for tougher cuts of beef; the lower heat prevents any gristle from getting too tough. Danish Pork Burgers Danish frikadeller pork burgers recipe. Ground pork mixed with eggs, crumbled saltine crakers and onions, shaped into patties and fried. Serve with Dijon mustard. White Bean and Tuna Salad Simple tuna and white bean salad, a classic combination and so easy to make! Chili Beans with Rice Louisiana style chili beans with ground beef and pinto beans, served over rice.