- 2 pounds skinless cod fillets
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (about 34 crackers)
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Lemon and parsley for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups* chicken stock
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes, strained
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a small baking pan or casserole pan with butter or a little oil. Rinse off the fish fillets with cold water, pat dry. Use long nose pliers to remove any pin bones from the fillets. If you want, cut the fillets into large serving pieces. Place the fillets at the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt.
- Melt the butter. Crush the Ritz crackers and place in a bowl; they should look like coarse breadcrumbs. Mix the melted butter with the breadcrumbs. Pack the crumb mixture over the top and sides of the fish fillets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. (Thin fillets may take less time, very thick fillets may take longer.) Serve the fish with lemon and parsley.
You may also like
Skillet Chicken Puttanesca This Skillet Chicken Puttanesca comes together so quickly, you'll hardly believe how good it tastes. Made with chicken breasts, canned tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovies, fresh oregano, and plenty of olive oil. Ready in 30 minutes. Tuna and Tomato Pasta A simple dish of pasta shells with a buttery tomato sauce, tuna and ricotta, all baked with a cheesy parmesan crust. Spicy, Citrusy Black Beans Black beans cooked with onions, chili peppers, garlic, oregano, red chili sauce, chipotle, cumin, orange juice and lime. Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Shallots Quick and Easy! Chicken thighs browned and baked, served with a creamy mushroom, shallot, tarragon sauce.