- 2 pounds skinless cod fillets
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (about 34 crackers)
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Lemon and parsley for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups* chicken stock
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes, strained
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a small baking pan or casserole pan with butter or a little oil. Rinse off the fish fillets with cold water, pat dry. Use long nose pliers to remove any pin bones from the fillets. If you want, cut the fillets into large serving pieces. Place the fillets at the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt.
- Melt the butter. Crush the Ritz crackers and place in a bowl; they should look like coarse breadcrumbs. Mix the melted butter with the breadcrumbs. Pack the crumb mixture over the top and sides of the fish fillets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. (Thin fillets may take less time, very thick fillets may take longer.) Serve the fish with lemon and parsley.
You may also like
Fried Catfish Crispy fried catfish fillets coated in a seasoned cornmeal crust! Classic Baked Chicken Easy baked chicken recipe. Chicken breasts, thighs, wings, and legs coated in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper baked in the oven. Danish Pork Burgers Danish frikadeller pork burgers recipe. Ground pork mixed with eggs, crumbled saltine crakers and onions, shaped into patties and fried. Serve with Dijon mustard. One Pot Chicken and Orzo One pot chicken and orzo with onions, tomato, garlic. Delicious! Quick and easy too.