- 2 pounds skinless cod fillets
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (about 34 crackers)
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Lemon and parsley for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups* chicken stock
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes, strained
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a small baking pan or casserole pan with butter or a little oil. Rinse off the fish fillets with cold water, pat dry. Use long nose pliers to remove any pin bones from the fillets. If you want, cut the fillets into large serving pieces. Place the fillets at the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt.
- Melt the butter. Crush the Ritz crackers and place in a bowl; they should look like coarse breadcrumbs. Mix the melted butter with the breadcrumbs. Pack the crumb mixture over the top and sides of the fish fillets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. (Thin fillets may take less time, very thick fillets may take longer.) Serve the fish with lemon and parsley.
You may also like
Pasta with Tuna and Capers in White Wine Sauce Pasta served with a sauce made with oil-packed canned tuna, onions, capers, white wine, and parsley. Chicken Cacciatore (Hunter Style Chicken) Chicken cacciatore, an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine. Spicy, Citrusy Black Beans Black beans cooked with onions, chili peppers, garlic, oregano, red chili sauce, chipotle, cumin, orange juice and lime. Paprika Chicken with Chickpeas One pot easy baked chicken thighs with smoked paprika, onions, and chickpeas!