- Olive oil
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small or 1 large mango, not overly ripe (1 to 1 1/2 pounds of mango)
- 2 just ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 serrano chile, minced (with seeds for more heat, without for less)
- 2 limes, juiced (about 4 Tbsp lime juice)
This recipe makes 2 cups, about twice as much as you'll need for the above fish. Refrigerate what is left over and consider using it as a topping for potatoes or vegetables.
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep the mangos: While the oven is preheating, prep the mangos. Either peel and then cut away the mango flesh from the core seed, and then cut the mango into 1/3-inch cubes, or follow the instructions here on How to Cut a Mango. Set the cut mango aside in a medium bowl.
- Bake the salmon fillets: Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Spread some olive oil on top of the foil. Coat the salmon fillets with olive oil and lay, skin side down, on the foil lined roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt. Place in the 400°F oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Make the avocado mango salsa: While the salmon is cooking, prep the avocados. Cut the avocados in half. Remove the seeds. Score the inside of the avocados with a small knife in a cross hatch pattern. Scoop out the avocado pieces and add them to the bowl with the cut mango pieces. (See How to Cut and Peel and Avocado.) Add the minced red onion, serrano chile, and lime juice to the bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt. Gently fold the ingredients together. Serve the salmon fillets with a generous portion of avocado mango salsa.
You may also like
Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Pan-fried pork chops with a creamy Dijon mustard sauce. Joe’s Special (Scrambled Eggs with Spinach, Beef, and Mushrooms) Make a diner classic for dinner tonight - Joe's Special! Scrambled eggs with spinach, beef, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. 30 minutes. Herb Stuffed Roast Chicken Whole roasted chicken, infused with fresh herbs - parsley, basil, thyme, oregano. Chicken Fried Steak Classic chicken fried steak, steak cutlets, pounded thin, breaded, fried, and served with country gravy.