- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can leave tails on), thaw if frozen
- Pinch of salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
This recipe makes 2 cups, about twice as much as you'll need for the above fish. Refrigerate what is left over and consider using it as a topping for potatoes or vegetables.
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sauté onions and garlic: Coat the bottom of a large, oven-proof skillet with oil and heat it on medium high heat. Stir in the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add tomatoes, simmer: Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken up a bit.
- Add feta, shrimp, herbs, put in oven and bake: Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, or rice.
You may also like
Shrimp Quesadilla Shrimp quesadilla! Flour tortillas toasted with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and pan-seared shrimp with onions, cilantro, avocados Restaurant-Style Poached Chicken A method for poaching chicken which retains all the chicken's flavor and juices without overcooking the breast meat. Classic English Toad-in-the-Hole The English classic Toad-in-the-Hole—sausage links baked in a Yorkshire pudding like flour egg batter. Honey Mustard Baked Salmon Honey Mustard Salmon, a quick, easy, delicious way to dress up salmon fillets! Takes only 20 minutes start to finish.