- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can leave tails on), thaw if frozen
- Pinch of salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
This recipe makes 2 cups, about twice as much as you'll need for the above fish. Refrigerate what is left over and consider using it as a topping for potatoes or vegetables.
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sauté onions and garlic: Coat the bottom of a large, oven-proof skillet with oil and heat it on medium high heat. Stir in the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add tomatoes, simmer: Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken up a bit.
- Add feta, shrimp, herbs, put in oven and bake: Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, or rice.
You may also like
Marc’s Cashew Chicken Chicken marinated in peanut oil chili powder, tamari, and honey, then fried with cashews, onions, and mushrooms. Served over rice. Pork Chops with Pomegranate Glaze Pan-seared pork chops with a quick pomegranate juice glaze. Top with pomegranate seeds and parsley. 30 minutes to make. Rosemary Duck with Apricots Duck breast seasoned with rosemary and served with a sweet sour apricot sauce. Chicken Fried Steak Classic chicken fried steak, steak cutlets, pounded thin, breaded, fried, and served with country gravy.