- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves removed, base trimmed, sprouts cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Several large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced, about a cup
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 4 ounces of queso fresco, crumbled
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté shallots in olive oil: Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the shallots, spread them out in an even layer, lower the heat to medium low, and let them cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add brussels sprouts, garlic, balsamic: Preheat oven to 425°F. Add the brussels sprouts and the garlic to the shallots. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes more, until the sprouts begin to brown. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in oven: Place in oven, uncovered. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until cooked through and caramelized on the edges.
- Sprinkle with balsamic, thyme, walnuts, salt, pepper: Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, the thyme, and toasted walnuts (if using). Stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like
Chocolate Peppermint Swiss Roll This chocolate peppermint Swiss roll is so pretty and festive! The cake is filled with peppermint whipped cream. Topped with chocolate ganache and candy canes. Step-by-step recipe with photos. Duchess Potatoes Classic Duchess potatoes, mashed with butter, nutmeg and cream, then baked until the tops are golden brown. Sweet Potato & Pork Thanksgiving Stuffing (Paleo, Gluten-Free) Gluten-free and Paleo Thanksgiving stuffing! Sweet potatoes, ground pork, and onions with a crunchy nut topping. Make-ahead! Orange & Vanilla Hot Buttered Rum Bring these orange and vanilla hot buttered rums to your next holiday party! Easy to make for a crowd.