- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves removed, base trimmed, sprouts cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Several large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced, about a cup
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 4 ounces of queso fresco, crumbled
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté shallots in olive oil: Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the shallots, spread them out in an even layer, lower the heat to medium low, and let them cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add brussels sprouts, garlic, balsamic: Preheat oven to 425°F. Add the brussels sprouts and the garlic to the shallots. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes more, until the sprouts begin to brown. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in oven: Place in oven, uncovered. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until cooked through and caramelized on the edges.
- Sprinkle with balsamic, thyme, walnuts, salt, pepper: Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, the thyme, and toasted walnuts (if using). Stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like
Cranberry Glazed Ham Perfect glazed ham for the holidays! Spiral cut ham with cranberry, orange, mustard glaze. Mexican Wedding Cookies Crumbly, buttery, and nutty - Mexican Wedding Cookies are irresistible. Also called Russian Tea Cakes. Make with pecans, walnuts, almonds, or any other nut. Yorkshire Pudding Traditional Yorkshire pudding to serve with roast beef, batter of flour, salt, eggs, butter, milk, cooked in pan with roast drippings. Scalloped Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Gruyere Gorgeous scalloped potatoes with caramelized onions, Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. Perfect for holiday entertaining!