- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves removed, base trimmed, sprouts cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Several large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced, about a cup
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 4 ounces of queso fresco, crumbled
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté shallots in olive oil: Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the shallots, spread them out in an even layer, lower the heat to medium low, and let them cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add brussels sprouts, garlic, balsamic: Preheat oven to 425°F. Add the brussels sprouts and the garlic to the shallots. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes more, until the sprouts begin to brown. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in oven: Place in oven, uncovered. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until cooked through and caramelized on the edges.
- Sprinkle with balsamic, thyme, walnuts, salt, pepper: Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, the thyme, and toasted walnuts (if using). Stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like
Classic Vanilla and Chocolate Marbled Bundt Cake Marbled vanilla and chocolate bundt cake with chocolate chips and vanilla glaze. Very easy. Great for big parties and potlucks. Potato Dinner Rolls Potato rolls! So soft and fluffy. These are THE BEST dinner rolls ever. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or for sandwich sliders. Caramelized Pecan Tart Caramelized pecan tart, pecans baked in a tart shell with brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Brown sugar caramelizes around pecans. So good! Sweet Potato and Yukon Gold Bake Festive crispy baked sweet potatoes and yukon gold potatoes on a bed of caramelized onions. Perfect for a holiday side!