- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 cup of pecans (walnuts and chocolate chips are fine alternatives)
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise. Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and spices. Add to the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold pecans or chocolate chips (if using) into the batter.
- Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
You may also like
Maple Cookies Soft and chewy cookies with maple syrup and walnuts! Peppermint Meringue Cookies Light and airy peppermint meringue cookies, made with egg whites, sugar, crushed candy peppermints, and optional chocolate chips. Snickerdoodles Classic snickerdoodle cookie recipe, cinnamon sugar topped cookies, crackly on the outside while pliable on the inside. Heath Bar Cookies Irresistible Heath bar cookies recipe, made with chunks of Heath toffee bars.