- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1-2 medium red onions
- 1/2 to a pound button mushrooms
- Marinate the meat: Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the meat. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight. (Heck, I've kept the meat marinating for a couple days, still great.)
- Soak skewers in water: Soak the wood or bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will help prevent them from completely burning up on the grill.
- Thread the meat and veggies onto the skewers: Cut the vegetables into chunks roughly the width of the beef pieces. Taking care not to poke yourself, thread the meat and vegetables onto double bamboo skewers. One way to do this safely is to put the piece that you are trying to pierce on a cutting board, and then push the skewers through the piece to the board. Using double skewers will help you turn the kebabs on the grill. If you keep a little space between the pieces, they will grill more evenly. Paint the kebabs with some of the remaining marinade.
- Grill on high, direct heat: Prepare your grill for high, direct heat. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is, and how done you would like your meat, turning occasionally.
- Let rest: Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You may also like
Hot Dogs with Sriracha and Asian Slaw Asian style hot dogs with sriracha hot sauce and Asian cole slaw. Grilled Garlic Shrimp Skewers Easy grilled shrimp basted with garlic butter. It's shrimp on a stick! Grilled Radicchio Salad Have you ever had grilled radicchio? Try it! Excellent with olive oil, balsamic, and a little grated Pecorino. Grilled Branzino with Rosemary Vinaigrette Whole grilled branzino fish, or European seabass, served with a rosemary vinaigrette sauce.