- 1/2 pound beets (about 4 medium sized beets), scr믭 clean, cooked, peeled, and cubed*
- 2 Tbsp tahini sesame seed paste
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (zest from approx. 2 lemons)
- Generous pinch of sea salt or Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients as desired. Chill and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage. Eat with pita chips, or with sliced cucumber or celery, or on a crostini with goat cheese and shaved mint.
You may also like
Golden Beets and Brussels Sprouts Beautiful golden beets and Brussels sprouts. Roasted or boiled golden yellow beets with parboiled Brussels sprouts, sautéed together in olive oil, shallots and thyme, and topped with toasted almonds. Golden Beet and Pomegranate Salad Beautiful golden beet salad peppered with ruby red pomegranate seeds, served on a bed of arugula and lettuce greens. Autumn Tabbouleh with Cauliflower, Carrots, and Golden Beets Autumn Tabbouleh is the perfect make-ahead side dish! With cauliflower, carrots, and golden beets. 30 minute prep. Red Flannel Hash A New England tradition, red flannel hash made with cooked potatoes, beets, corned beef, fried up with onions and butter.