- 1/2 pound beets (about 4 medium sized beets), scr믭 clean, cooked, peeled, and cubed*
- 2 Tbsp tahini sesame seed paste
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (zest from approx. 2 lemons)
- Generous pinch of sea salt or Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients as desired. Chill and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage. Eat with pita chips, or with sliced cucumber or celery, or on a crostini with goat cheese and shaved mint.
You may also like
Festive Beet Citrus Salad with Kale and Pistachios Colorful Beet and Kale Salad with red and golden beets, blood orange slices, kale, and toasted pistachios. Paleo and Vegan. Pickled Eggs Pickled eggs! Four ways. Brilliant fuchsia red beet pickled eggs, a Indian version featuring yellow curry, jalapeno pickled eggs, and a tarragon mustard version. Pickled Beets A midwestern classic—pickled beets! Our favorite refrigerator pickled beets, roasted or boiled beets, marinated in a cider vinegar vinaigrette. Roasted Beets with Balsamic Glaze Ruby red beets, oven roasted, then tossed with a little orange zest and a balsamic glaze.