- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Cover cookie sheets in parchment paper, silpat sheets, or lightly oil them. Toast the sesame seeds in a heavy skillet over medium heat until they are golden brown.
- Beat the brown sugar and butter together in a medium-sized bowl for several minutes until fluffy. Beat in the egg. Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder, then add these dry ingredients to the butter, sugar, egg mixture, mix well. Stir in the toasted sesame seeds, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. (Optional): Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. This makes it easier to drop the cookies on the sheets.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving space for the cookies to spread. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheets, then transfer to a rack to continue cooling.
You may also like
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies EVER! Just the way grandma made them, with old fashioned rolled oats, brown sugar, and plenty of raisins. Magic Bars Classic 7-layer magic bars with chocolate, nuts, butterscotch, and coconut! They're the perfect make-ahead dessert for your next party. Banana Cookies Cherished family recipe for Banana Cookies! A delicious way to use up your overripe bananas. Thin and Crispy Chocolate Cookies Crispy thin chocolate cookies, with a touch of spice.