- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Cover cookie sheets in parchment paper, silpat sheets, or lightly oil them. Toast the sesame seeds in a heavy skillet over medium heat until they are golden brown.
- Beat the brown sugar and butter together in a medium-sized bowl for several minutes until fluffy. Beat in the egg. Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder, then add these dry ingredients to the butter, sugar, egg mixture, mix well. Stir in the toasted sesame seeds, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. (Optional): Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. This makes it easier to drop the cookies on the sheets.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving space for the cookies to spread. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheets, then transfer to a rack to continue cooling.
You may also like
Cinnamon Snap Cookies Crispy cinnamon snap cookies packed with ground cinnamon and sweetened with honey. Chocolate Crinkles Chocolate crinkle cookies! Chocolate dough rolled in powdered sugar and baked into a festive black and white cookie. Perfect Christmas cookies! Gingerbread Man Cookies No cookie says Christmas more than a gingerbread man cookie! A classic gingerbread men cookie recipe. Chocolate-Covered Pretzels Chocolate-Covered Pretzels are a fun and easy snack to make at home! Decorate with drizzles or sprinkles for a holiday treat.