- 8 cups mixed fresh berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries
- 1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, depending upon sweetness of berries
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl put berries and mix with tapioca, sugar and lemon zest. (Without tapioca, crumble will be very runny.) Set aside.
- Make the topping by whisking together the flour, sugars, spices and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the melted butter and almonds until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour the filling into a 9-inch square or round pan (do not grease first). Using your fingers, form topping mixture into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch crumbs and spread over cake. Bake until filling bubbles and topping is light golden, about 45-55 minutes. Let cool at least half an hour. Serve warm.
You may also like
Berry Almond Crumble Easy-to-make summer dessert with mixed berries and a brown sugar almond crumble topping. Blackberry Shortcake Blackberry shortcake with blackberries, butter and cream biscuits, and whipped cream Boysenberry Pie Homemade boysenberry pie recipe with fresh off-the-vine boysenberries, a cross between blackberries, loganberries, and raspberries. Blackberry Slump Blackberry Slump! Blackberries cooked on the stovetop with sugar and lemon, topped with dumplings.