- 8 cups mixed fresh berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries
- 1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, depending upon sweetness of berries
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl put berries and mix with tapioca, sugar and lemon zest. (Without tapioca, crumble will be very runny.) Set aside.
- Make the topping by whisking together the flour, sugars, spices and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the melted butter and almonds until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour the filling into a 9-inch square or round pan (do not grease first). Using your fingers, form topping mixture into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch crumbs and spread over cake. Bake until filling bubbles and topping is light golden, about 45-55 minutes. Let cool at least half an hour. Serve warm.
You may also like
Berry Cobbler with Coconut Walnut Streusel Berry Cobbler with a delicious blend of fresh blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries, and strawberries. Topped with a coconut walnut streusel! Blackberry Muffins The BEST rich, tender, delicious blackberry muffins! These muffins are a family favorite, filled with juicy berries. Blackberry Slump Blackberry Slump! Blackberries cooked on the stovetop with sugar and lemon, topped with dumplings. Blackberry Cobbler Blackberry cobbler with fresh blackberries and topped with a homemade biscuity cobbler topping