- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) of butter, melted
- 1 cup (220 g) of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (128 g) of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (60 g) of butterscotch chips (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips are equally tasty)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen (defrosted and drained) blackberries
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet your berries and how sweet you would like your slump to be)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter and flour an 8X8-inch pan (20 cm x 20 cm). Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.
You may also like
Butternut Squash Apple Soup Simple and easy butternut squash soup! A tart green apple adds just the right balance for the squash. Ham and Asparagus Strata Ham and Asparagus Strata! Breakfast casserole with rustic bread, egg, Gruyere cheese, milk, cream, ham, and asparagus Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Mayo Chinese coconut shrimp, shrimp coated in coconut flakes and panko, fried and served with a sweet chili mayo sauce. Soba Noodle Soup with Chicken and Bok Choy This soba noodle soup with chicken and baby bok choy is speedy comfort food! Seasoned with ginger, lime, scallions, and herbs. A true 30-minute meal.