- 1 pound ground beef (16-20%)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen (defrosted and drained) blackberries
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet your berries and how sweet you would like your slump to be)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup water
- Gently mix ground beef with the other ingredients: Put ground beef, mustard, garlic, onions, blue cheese, water, egg, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper into a large bowl. Use your hands to gently mix the ingredients together until just incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Shape into patties and chill: Shape into patties, about 1/2 inch thick and larger than your bun. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for cooking over high direct heat. Using tongs and a folded up paper towel dipped in vegetable oil, oil the grill grates. Make sure grill is hot and well oiled before laying down the patties.
- Season and grill the burgers: Season patties with salt and pepper. Place the patties on the clean, well-oiled grill grate. Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes per side. Do not press down on the burgers while cooking. If you don't have a grill, you can use a grill pan or a cast iron frying pan for the burgers. Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce and mayonnaise.
You may also like
Honey Mulled Wine Get into the holiday spirit with hot red wine mulled with cinnamon, peppercorns and honey! Canned Tomato Salsa Homemade tomato salsa with green chiles and jalapenos, with canning instructions. Crab Fondue Tasty hot crab dip appetizer with lump crab meat, cream cheese, mayo, and seasonings. Ham and Potato Hash Ham and potato hash, a perfect side dish for fried eggs. Easy to cook, and a great way to use up leftover ham.