- 2 cups (260 g) all purpose flour (plus 1-2 Tbsp of flour for dusting the blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 57 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1 pint (550 ml) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (57 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (45 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter the inside of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a stand mixer (or by hand with a wooden spoon) beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Toss the berries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter) and fold in. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients (butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon) for topping with a fork (or by hand) to make crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out of the pan.
You may also like
American Flag Pie How to make an American Flag Pie in a sheet-pan, perfect for Fourth of July! With a homemade crust and blueberry and strawberry filling. Blueberry Buckle Blueberry buckle recipe, an old-fashioned single layered cake, peppered with blueberries, and topped with a streusel topping. Panna Cotta with Summer Berries Panna cotta is such an easy and elegant make-ahead dessert for any special occasion! Serve with a quick fruit sauce and summer berries. Berries and Banana Fruit Salad Get out your red, white, and blue with this simple fruit salad of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apple, and bananas, tossed with honey and lemon juice.