- 2 cups (260 g) all purpose flour (plus 1-2 Tbsp of flour for dusting the blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 57 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1 pint (550 ml) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (57 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (45 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter the inside of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a stand mixer (or by hand with a wooden spoon) beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Toss the berries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter) and fold in. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients (butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon) for topping with a fork (or by hand) to make crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out of the pan.
You may also like
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Creamy blackberry frozen yogurt with fresh or frozen blackberries, yogurt, lemon zest, cardamon, and cinnamon. Lemon Blueberry Scones Glazed lemon blueberry scones! Made with yogurt to keep them light and fluffy. Easy food processor dough. Blueberry Sorbet Smooth and ultra blueberry-y, homemade blueberry sorbet, perfect for a hot summer day. Blueberry Muffins Fabulous blueberry muffins recipe —fluffy, and packed with blueberries. An all time favorite.