- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 lb)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of sugar (depending on how sweet your blueberries are, and how sweet you want the result to be)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups full fat plain yogurt (full fat yogurt is preferred, if you use low-fat or non-fat yogurt, substitute 1/4 cup of it with heavy whipping cream)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp warm melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Butter or vegetable oil
- Cook blueberries with lemon juice, sugar, salt, cinnamon: Place the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring, until all of the sugar has dissolved. While the mixture is heating, use a potato masher to mash up the blueberries. When all of the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat. Strain out the blueberry skins and let the juicy blueberry syrup cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, milk, then chill: Stir in the yogurt and milk until completely incorporated. Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours (or overnight) until completely cold.
- Process in ice cream maker: Process the blueberry yogurt mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions (usually about 25 minutes). Serve immediately (it will be soft) or let it firm up a bit by freezing it for several hours.
You may also like
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake Delicious fine crumb pound cake with butter, eggs, ricotta cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, and blueberries. Blueberry Maple Breakfast Bake Great brunch party bread pudding casserole, with maple syrup and blueberries. Breakfast bake recipe. Lemon Blueberry Scones Glazed lemon blueberry scones! Made with yogurt to keep them light and fluffy. Easy food processor dough. Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes Light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes loaded with blueberries! So easy, the perfect pancake breakfast.