- 3 pounds garnet sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 to 4 Tbsp of bourbon whisky
- 4 Tbsp butter (more or less to taste)
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Flank steak roulade:
- 1/2 pound thin-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds flank steak
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Place the sweet potato chunks in a large (5 quart) pot, cover with water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and return them to the pot on the stove. Lower the heat to low. Add the bourbon and the butter to the pot and stir. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add more salt, bourbon, butter, and brown sugar to taste.
You may also like
St. Lucia Saffron Buns Swedish Christmastime favorite, saffron infused S shaped sweet rolls, for St. Lucia Day. Rum Balls Chocolate rum balls! These easy no-bake treats are perfect for your next holiday party. Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies For lemon lovers only! Made with zest, juice, and extract. Chocolate Peppermint Swiss Roll This chocolate peppermint Swiss roll is so pretty and festive! The cake is filled with peppermint whipped cream. Topped with chocolate ganache and candy canes. Step-by-step recipe with photos.