- 3 pounds garnet sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 to 4 Tbsp of bourbon whisky
- 4 Tbsp butter (more or less to taste)
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Flank steak roulade:
- 1/2 pound thin-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds flank steak
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Place the sweet potato chunks in a large (5 quart) pot, cover with water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and return them to the pot on the stove. Lower the heat to low. Add the bourbon and the butter to the pot and stir. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add more salt, bourbon, butter, and brown sugar to taste.
You may also like
Orange & Vanilla Hot Buttered Rum Bring these orange and vanilla hot buttered rums to your next holiday party! Easy to make for a crowd. How to Make Gravy Two easy gravy recipes with photos and step-by-step instructions. Beef Roulades with Walnut Parsley Pesto Flank steak pounded and stuffed with pesto, wrapped in bacon, rolled into a roulade or pinwheel and roasted. Balsamic-Glazed Red Onions Balsamic-Glazed Red Onions! Such an easy side dish. Great with roast chicken, Thanksgiving, or a vegetarian main dish.