- 3 pounds garnet sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 to 4 Tbsp of bourbon whisky
- 4 Tbsp butter (more or less to taste)
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Flank steak roulade:
- 1/2 pound thin-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds flank steak
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Place the sweet potato chunks in a large (5 quart) pot, cover with water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and return them to the pot on the stove. Lower the heat to low. Add the bourbon and the butter to the pot and stir. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add more salt, bourbon, butter, and brown sugar to taste.
You may also like
Easy “Fantasy” Fudge Easy-to-make fantasy fudge recipe with semi-sweet chocolate, evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and marshmallow cream. Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies Soft and chewy sugar cookies, ready for a birthday party, potluck, or bake sale! Gingerbread Man Cookies No cookie says Christmas more than a gingerbread man cookie! A classic gingerbread men cookie recipe. Beef Roulades with Walnut Parsley Pesto Flank steak pounded and stuffed with pesto, wrapped in bacon, rolled into a roulade or pinwheel and roasted.