- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) farfalle bowtie pasta
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided, 1 Tbsp and 2 Tbsp)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thin slices separated and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 large handful baby arugula (about a cup and a half, packed)
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
Directions for Sauce Rouille:
- 1 Tbsp hot fish stock or clam broth
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 small red hot pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soft white bread, pulled into bits
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add pasta to boiling water to cook: Put 3 quarts of salted water (1/2 Tbsp of salt for every quart of water) onto a boil. Add the farfalle bowtie pasta and cook until al dente.
- Gently cook prosciutto: Coat the bottom of a stick-free pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Lay out the pieces of prosciutto in the pan in a single layer. Put the heat on medium and gently cook while the pasta is cooking. Turn the pieces over after a few minutes. The intension is not to crisp, but to render some of the fat and firm up the prosciutto a little. When this has been accomplished, remove the pan from heat.
- Set aside some pasta cooking water, add peas to pasta and cook an additional minute: Once the pasta has been cooking for the correct timing for al dente, remove one cup of pasta cooking water from the pan and set aside. Add the peas and cook a minute more.
- Add pasta, peas, Parmesan, black pepper to prosciutto, then add mint and arugula: Strain the pasta and peas and add to the pan with the prosciutto. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Add the black pepper. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the fresh baby arugula and mint and toss with the hot pasta to wilt the arugula. Add more of the pasta water if the pasta seems dry.
- Drizzle with olive oil: Drizzle and toss with 2 Tbsp of olive oil to serve.
You may also like
Creamy Cheesy Turkey Enchiladas Creamy cheesy turkey enchiladas! Leftover turkey, sweet potatoes, cream cheese rolled into flour tortillas, smothered with creamy salsa verde sauce. So good! Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb Butterflied Grilled Leg of Lamb, butterflied for easy grilling, marinated in rosemary garlic marinade! Directions for grilling over charcoal or gas. Asparagus Pesto with Pasta Fresh spring asparagus pesto recipe with baby spinach, asparagus, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic, served with fettuccine pasta. Sheet Pan Chicken with Asparagus and Potatoes Sheet pan chicken with asparagus and potatoes to celebrate spring! Everything cooks together until tender. Really easy and only one pan to clean!