- 1 cup of brandy (to soak the cranberries in, then saving 1 1/4 teaspoons of it for later)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup (two sticks) of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Put the cranberries in a wide and shallow bowl, pour in a bit of brandy. Enough so they're surrounded by it, but not drowning. Cover and place in the fridge for an hour or more. Afterwards, place a colander over a bowl and pour the cranberries and brandy through, putting the cranberries and the brandy they soaked in aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat again until light, fluffy and well incorporated.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and add 1 1/4 teaspoons of the brandy that the cranberries soaked in (as for the rest, I suggest popping it in a glass and topping it off a bit for yourself). Beat well until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl midway through to ensure even mixing.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt, then add to the mixture a bit at a time, beating until just mixed. Fold in the brandy soaked cranberries and white chocolate chips. Let chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (a baker's best friend) and place rounded spoonfuls down on the sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. *I find that adding the baking soda separately seems to form softer cookies. This is how my mom and grandmother taught me, and if there is actual science behind it, I'm not aware but it seems pretty consistent, and it won't ruin the cookies if you try it this way.
You may also like
Carmelitas Chewy carmelita cookie bar, with a coconut oatmeal crust topped with chocolate chips and caramel sauce. Chocolate Chip Cookies These Chocolate Chip Cookies are the BEST! One special ingredient helps deepens the flavor and gives the cookie a chewier texture. So good! Cinnamon Snap Cookies Crispy cinnamon snap cookies packed with ground cinnamon and sweetened with honey. Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies Shortbread cookies packed with chocolate and laced with orange zest.