- The cloves from 1/2 head of garlic, peeled, crushed, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon of coarse salt
- 1 Tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of salmon, cut into 2-inch pieces (largish-bite sized pieces)
- Olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, de-stemmed, and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can regular (not light) coconut milk
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, 1-2 cups
- Marinate salmon: Mix together the marinade ingredients. Let the salmon marinate in this paste for at least 2 hours. The longer, the better.
- Layer ingredients in a large pot: In a large pan (large covered skillet or Dutch oven), coat the bottom of the pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Add a layer of sliced onions, and then a layer of sliced bell peppers, and a layer of sliced tomatoes. Place the fish pieces, with the marinade, on top of everything, and start layering again—onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- Top with cilantro, coconut milk, olive oil: Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add about half of your fresh cilantro to the top. Pour coconut milk over the top. Drizzle generously with olive oil over the top (several tablespoons).
- Simmer: Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, until the vegetables are cooked through. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
You may also like
Slow Cooker Taco Soup This slow cooker taco soup with ground beef is so easy - and SO GOOD! Perfect for busy weeks. Flexible cooking times. Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Remoulade Pan seared salmon with a creamy avocado remoulade sauce, avocados puréed with lime juice, olive oil, shallots, parsley, and Dijon. Ginger Pineapple Fried Rice Ginger pineapple fried rice, a perfect use for leftover rice, makes a delicious side dish for shrimp, pork, or chicken. Blood Orange French 75 Cocktail Ruby red French 75 cocktail made with blood orange juice, light, bubbly, and refreshing!