- 1 large bunch of broccoli florets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup, packed, torn fresh bread (no crust)
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces, 114 g), packed, grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp warm melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Butter or vegetable oil
- Steam and chop the broccoli: Place 1 inch of water in a pot with a steamer basket. Bring to a boil. Add the broccoli florets. Steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes, until just tender. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Finely chop the steamed broccoli florets. You should have 2 to 2 1/2 cups.
- Make filling: Place the beaten eggs and the torn bread in a large bowl. Mix until the bread is completely moistened. Add the grated onion, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir in the minced broccoli.
- Distribute broccoli mixture in mini muffin pan wells: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat the wells of 2 mini muffin pans (1 dozen wells each) with olive oil (so the bites don't stick). Distribute the broccoli mixture in the muffin wells.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned on top. If you don't have mini muffin pans, you can cook the bites freeform. Just grease a baking sheet and spoon large dollops of the mixture onto the pan. Baking time is the same.
You may also like
Pumpkin Waffles Hearty pumpkin waffles made with pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spices, flour, egg, and buttermilk. Broiled Grapefruit Grapefruit halves, sprinkled with brown sugar and broiled. Artichoke Leek Frittata Artichoke Leek Frittata! Tender frittata with eggs, sautéed leeks, artichoke hearts, Parmesan, tarragon and chives. Perfect for Spring! Apple-Cinnamon French Toast Muffins Apple-Cinnamon French Toast Muffins! Bake them right away or the next morning. Leftovers reheat well for weekday breakfasts.