- 1 large bunch of broccoli florets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup, packed, torn fresh bread (no crust)
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces, 114 g), packed, grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp warm melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Butter or vegetable oil
- Steam and chop the broccoli: Place 1 inch of water in a pot with a steamer basket. Bring to a boil. Add the broccoli florets. Steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes, until just tender. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Finely chop the steamed broccoli florets. You should have 2 to 2 1/2 cups.
- Make filling: Place the beaten eggs and the torn bread in a large bowl. Mix until the bread is completely moistened. Add the grated onion, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir in the minced broccoli.
- Distribute broccoli mixture in mini muffin pan wells: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat the wells of 2 mini muffin pans (1 dozen wells each) with olive oil (so the bites don't stick). Distribute the broccoli mixture in the muffin wells.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned on top. If you don't have mini muffin pans, you can cook the bites freeform. Just grease a baking sheet and spoon large dollops of the mixture onto the pan. Baking time is the same.
You may also like
Sweet Potato Hash Browns Quick and easy sweet potato hash browns. Grated sweet potatoes fried in butter. Chorizo and Eggs My mother's excellent recipe for Mexican chorizo (spicy sausage) with scrambled eggs. Spicy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins These Spicy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins are grain-free and vegetarian. Perfect grab-and-go breakfast! French Toast The BEST French Toast! Fluffy and tender on the inside, gloriously browned on the outside.