- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Make cookie dough: With an electric mixer, beat the butter for about a minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until light, about 1 minute more. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Roll into balls: Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet.
- Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary).
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
You may also like
Butterscotch Cookies Crispy, crunchy butterscotch cookies made with brown sugar and browned butter. Perfect for dipping! Cowboy Cookies Laura Bush's kitchen sink cowboy cookies, with oatmeal, pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips. Browned Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies Chocolate chunk cookies using browned butter and chunks of milk chocolate. Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies Chocolate-y, chewy, almost brownie-ish chocolate cookies peppered with white chocolate peppermint bark chips. Perfect chocolate cookie recipe for the holidays.