- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Make cookie dough: With an electric mixer, beat the butter for about a minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until light, about 1 minute more. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Roll into balls: Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet.
- Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary).
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
You may also like
Chocolate Crinkles Chocolate crinkle cookies! Chocolate dough rolled in powdered sugar and baked into a festive black and white cookie. Perfect Christmas cookies! Gingerbread Man Cookies No cookie says Christmas more than a gingerbread man cookie! A classic gingerbread men cookie recipe. Cinnamon Snap Cookies Crispy cinnamon snap cookies packed with ground cinnamon and sweetened with honey. Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies Grandma's favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, with oats, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, shortening, walnuts and raisins (optional on the raisins).