- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Make cookie dough: With an electric mixer, beat the butter for about a minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until light, about 1 minute more. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Roll into balls: Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet.
- Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary).
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
You may also like
Heath Bar Cookies Irresistible Heath bar cookies recipe, made with chunks of Heath toffee bars. Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes) Chocolate-dipped peanut butter buckeyes are so easy to make at home and are essential for any cookie tray. Benne Wafers Traditional South Carolina benne wafers, thin, crispy, toasted sesame seed cookies. Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies Soft and chewy sugar cookies, ready for a birthday party, potluck, or bake sale!