- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 - 5 pint-size canning jars
- Make cookie dough: With an electric mixer, beat the butter for about a minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until light, about 1 minute more. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Roll into balls: Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet.
- Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary).
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
You may also like
Giant Ginger Cookies Extra large ginger cookies, with ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and molasses. Banana Cookies Cherished family recipe for Banana Cookies! A delicious way to use up your overripe bananas. Chocolate Cookies with Cocoa Nibs and Lime Chocolate lime cookies with crunchy cocoa nibs, perfect for dipping in lemonade. Palmiers (Elephant Ears) Quick and easy to make palmiers, or elephant ear cookies, with puff pastry and sugar.