- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- Waffle iron
- Preheat oven and prepare baking dish: Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter the sides and bottom of a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Layer squash, apples, cranberries, and topping in baking dish: Put a layer of cut butternut squash on the bottom of the baking dish. Place apples on top and then sprinkle with cranberries. Sprinkle everything with the flour brown sugar mixture. Dot with butter.
- Bake: Bake 50-60 minutes at 350°F until cooked through and lightly browned.
You may also like
Butternut Squash with Browned Butter and Thyme Butternut squash cubes, seared in browned butter, tossed with thyme. Easy Thanksgiving stovetop side! The browned butter brings out the most amazing flavor in the butternut squash. Pasta with Butternut Parmesan Sauce Butternut Parmesan Pasta! Pasta served with a sauce of roasted butternut squash, shallots, cream, and Parmesan cheese. How to Peel and Cut a Butternut Squash Butternut squashes can be intimidating to cut, can't they? Here's a safe and sure method. Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake Simple EASY butternut squash, apple, and cranberry bake recipe! Perfect for a holiday feast.