- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- Waffle iron
- Preheat oven and prepare baking dish: Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter the sides and bottom of a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Layer squash, apples, cranberries, and topping in baking dish: Put a layer of cut butternut squash on the bottom of the baking dish. Place apples on top and then sprinkle with cranberries. Sprinkle everything with the flour brown sugar mixture. Dot with butter.
- Bake: Bake 50-60 minutes at 350°F until cooked through and lightly browned.
You may also like
Butternut Squash Apple Soup Simple and easy butternut squash soup! A tart green apple adds just the right balance for the squash. Spicy Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash Spicy lamb stew with butternut squash. Lean lamb shoulder braised in tomato sauce with butternut squash, garbanzo beans, and garlic. Spiced with paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Butternut Squash with Walnuts and Vanilla Butternut squash with butter, ginger, walnuts, thyme, and vanilla. Pasta with Butternut Parmesan Sauce Butternut Parmesan Pasta! Pasta served with a sauce of roasted butternut squash, shallots, cream, and Parmesan cheese.