- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- Waffle iron
- Preheat oven and prepare baking dish: Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter the sides and bottom of a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Layer squash, apples, cranberries, and topping in baking dish: Put a layer of cut butternut squash on the bottom of the baking dish. Place apples on top and then sprinkle with cranberries. Sprinkle everything with the flour brown sugar mixture. Dot with butter.
- Bake: Bake 50-60 minutes at 350°F until cooked through and lightly browned.
You may also like
Spicy Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash Spicy lamb stew with butternut squash. Lean lamb shoulder braised in tomato sauce with butternut squash, garbanzo beans, and garlic. Spiced with paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Sauté Great side dish for the holidays! Roasted cubes of butternut squashed tossed with balsamic sautéed onions, kale, pecans, dried cranberries. Lamb Shanks with Butternut Squash Rich and hearty lamb shank and butternut squash stew, served with parsley, garlic, and lemon gremolata. Butternut Squash Risotto Creamy butternut squash risotto recipe, perfect for autumn. Arborio rice, slowly cooked in broth, with onion, butternut squash, white wine, butter, Parmesan and chives.