- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
Blue cheese dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Set a 2-quart pot of well salted water over high heat. As the water heats to a boil, cut the chicken breasts into large (2 1/2-inch) chunks. When the water boils, add the chicken. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let sit for 15 minutes (time it) or more while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, paprika, Cajun seasoning and horseradish together. Mix in the eggs, celery, green pepper, green onion.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the poaching water* and dice it. Mix it in with the remaining ingredients. Add salt and hot sauce to taste. Chill before serving. Serve over butter lettuce or between two pieces of bread for a sandwich. *The resulting poaching liquid is a light, salted chicken broth. You can save it and pour it into a cup and drink it as a light soup if you want.
You may also like
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Old fashioned, buttermilk marinated, flour coated, crispy, tender fried chicken recipe. Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowls Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowls! Just like fast food take-out, but better. Use the pot-in-pot method to cook the chicken and rice together in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Grilled Chicken with South Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce Grilled Chicken with South Carolina BBQ Sauce pairs zesty, mustard-based South Carolina-style barbecue sauce with grilled chicken. You get a hint of sweetness and spice from the sauce, and every bite is wonderfully smoky from the grill! Red Chile Marinated Grilled Chicken Chicken pieces marinated in a spicy, flavorful red chili sauce, then grilled or baked. Pollo adobado recipe.