- 3 pounds garnet or ruby sweet potatoes (yams), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter
For the glaze
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil the sweet potatoes 5 to 10 min: Place the cut sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with a couple inches of cold water. Bring to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Boil the sweet potatoes for 5-10 minutes, or until you can just pierce them with the tines of a fork, but not fully cooked (you will continue to cook in the next step). Drain and set aside.
- Simmer remaining ingredients: Mix the remaining ingredients (orange juice, brown sugar, ground ginger, cinnamon, butter) in a shallow, wide sauté pan and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, cook until sauce reduces to a syrup: Add the sweet potatoes and coat well with the sauce. Boil on high heat until the sauce reduces to a syrup, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
You may also like
Rice Pilaf Easy Rice Pilaf! Made with long grain white rice, onion, celery, and stock. Takes only 30 minutes! Great side dish for chicken, pork, or steak. Tarragon Corn Fresh corn kernels, poached slowly with shallots in butter and ouzo, with fresh tarragon stirred in to serve. How to Dry Sauté Mushrooms Easiest way to cook mushrooms? Here's how to dry sauté them—cook them without any fat! Maple-Glazed Yams with Pecan Topping Sliced, baked sweet potato yam recipe, with maple syrup, brown sugar, and pecans.