- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups of walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of diced honeydew (about 2 1/2 - 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves, well packed
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a small, thick-bottomed saucepan, mix together and heat the sour cream, salt, milk, and sugar. Heat until the temperature reads 240°F on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the walnuts and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until the walnuts are creamy. Remove pan from heat and spread the walnuts out on wax paper or Silpat. Separate using 2 forks if necessary. Let cool to harden.
You may also like
English Toffee Homemade English toffee, topped with dark chocolate and toasted nuts. Easy to make and keeps for weeks. Caramel Sauce Classic smooth, creamy, and delicious caramel sauce recipe. Made with sugar, butter, and cream. Caramel Walnuts Walnut candy, made with walnut halves coated with a homemade caramel candy sauce. Carmelitas Chewy carmelita cookie bar, with a coconut oatmeal crust topped with chocolate chips and caramel sauce.