- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups of walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of diced honeydew (about 2 1/2 - 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves, well packed
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a small, thick-bottomed saucepan, mix together and heat the sour cream, salt, milk, and sugar. Heat until the temperature reads 240°F on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the walnuts and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until the walnuts are creamy. Remove pan from heat and spread the walnuts out on wax paper or Silpat. Separate using 2 forks if necessary. Let cool to harden.
You may also like
Caramel Corn Classic caramel corn recipe, with freshly popped popcorn and caramel sauce made with brown sugar, butter, molasses, and corn syrup. Photos, step-by-step instructions. Carmelitas Chewy carmelita cookie bar, with a coconut oatmeal crust topped with chocolate chips and caramel sauce. How to Make Butterscotch When was the last time you tasted authentic butterscotch? A classic butterscotch sauce recipe with brown sugar, butter, and cream. Caramelized Pecan Tart Caramelized pecan tart, pecans baked in a tart shell with brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Brown sugar caramelizes around pecans. So good!