- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups of walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of diced honeydew (about 2 1/2 - 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves, well packed
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a small, thick-bottomed saucepan, mix together and heat the sour cream, salt, milk, and sugar. Heat until the temperature reads 240°F on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the walnuts and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until the walnuts are creamy. Remove pan from heat and spread the walnuts out on wax paper or Silpat. Separate using 2 forks if necessary. Let cool to harden.
You may also like
Carmelitas Chewy carmelita cookie bar, with a coconut oatmeal crust topped with chocolate chips and caramel sauce. Caramel Apples Traditional caramel apples recipe. Apples on a stick, dipped in delicious caramel sauce. Perfect for Halloween! Caramel Walnuts Walnut candy, made with walnut halves coated with a homemade caramel candy sauce. Caramel Sauce Classic smooth, creamy, and delicious caramel sauce recipe. Made with sugar, butter, and cream.