- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, ground
- 6 chicken breasts, or one whole chicken, cut into parts
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken: Warm the honey slightly (in microwave or on stovetop), stir in the sherry, cardamom and peppercorns. Place marinade and chicken in a large bowl, coat chicken with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Sear the chicken pieces: Heat olive oil in a large frying pan at medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin side down, until golden.
- Bake in oven: Place lemon slices in a roasting pan. Lay the chicken pieces on top. Brush with the marinade. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake until done (internal temp of 165°F or 75°C), approximately 15 minutes for breasts, 20 minutes for thighs, wings, and drumsticks. If the chicken starts to get too dark (this can happen when using honey), tent with foil.
- Let rest: Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Pour out drippings from the pan into a gravy boat for gravy.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or couscous.
You may also like
Teriyaki Chicken Breasts Chicken Teriyaki made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts poached in homemade teriyaki sauce, served with toasted sesame seeds. Quick and easy! Baked Chicken Parmesan Chicken Parmesan! EASY and quick, chicken cutlets breaded with Parmesan and crumbs, fried, topped with a tomato sauce. Honey Mustard Chicken Chicken thighs baked in a simple honey mustard sauce until golden brown, with sprigs of rosemary. Lemon Chicken Chickpea Soup Moroccan inspired lemon chicken soup with chickpeas, rice, turmeric, and cumin. Delicious!