- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shelled walnuts, chopped (more whole or chopped for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 9 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 3/4 cups of confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 9 inch cake pans. Cut out rounds of wax paper and place at bottoms of cake pans. Butter the top of the wax paper rounds.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in chopped walnuts, coconut, carrots and pineapple.
- Pour batter into pans. Set on the middle rack of oven and bake for 45-50 minutes (shift positions of cakes front-to-back if necessary about halfway through), until edges have pulled away from sides and a toothpick or sharp knife tip inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a cake rack.
- To prepare frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Slowly sift in the confectioners sugar and beat until mixture is free of lumps. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Once cakes have cooled, frost. Sprinkle top with chopped walnuts or arrange walnut halves in a crown around the top.
You may also like
Cherry Clafoutis Fresh cherries baked in a custard-like base with slivered almonds, almond and vanilla extract. Lightly dusted with powdered sugar. Chocolate Sour Cream Cake with Chocolate Frosting Easy chocolate sour cream cake made with sour cream, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate. The perfect balance of decadence and simplicity! Don't forget the chocolate frosting... Pumpkin Cheesecake Tall and creamy pumpkin cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. Eggnog Pound Cake Crowd-pleasing holiday eggnog pound cake with eggnog, dried cranberries, brandy, nutmeg and orange zest.