- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shelled walnuts, chopped (more whole or chopped for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 9 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 3/4 cups of confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 9 inch cake pans. Cut out rounds of wax paper and place at bottoms of cake pans. Butter the top of the wax paper rounds.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in chopped walnuts, coconut, carrots and pineapple.
- Pour batter into pans. Set on the middle rack of oven and bake for 45-50 minutes (shift positions of cakes front-to-back if necessary about halfway through), until edges have pulled away from sides and a toothpick or sharp knife tip inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a cake rack.
- To prepare frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Slowly sift in the confectioners sugar and beat until mixture is free of lumps. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Once cakes have cooled, frost. Sprinkle top with chopped walnuts or arrange walnut halves in a crown around the top.
You may also like
Eggnog Pound Cake Crowd-pleasing holiday eggnog pound cake with eggnog, dried cranberries, brandy, nutmeg and orange zest. Chipotle Flourless Chocolate Cake Flourless chocolate cake spiced up with a bit of chipotle powder and cinnamon, a little like Mexican hot chocolate. Great kick at the finish. Pumpkin Cheesecake Tall and creamy pumpkin cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. Applesauce Spice Cake Easy applesauce spice cake, made with applesauce, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, walnuts, and raisins.