- 2 Tbsp high quality canola oil, rice bran oil, or other high smoke point cooking oil
- 3 small dried chile peppers, broken in half (can sub a 1/8 teaspoon of red chili flakes)
- 4 cups julienned celery (cut into pieces about 2 inches long)
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
- A few drops of dark sesame oil (optional)
You'll also need:
- 6-7 Eight ounce canning jars
- Heat the oils and chiles in a wok or frying pan over high heat for 90 seconds, or until the chiles become fragrant and the seeds sizzle.
- Add the celery and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry one more minute. Drizzle with dark sesame oil if using. Serve hot or at room temperature.
You may also like
Steak Teriyaki Seared flank or skirt steak, marinated first in a teriyaki marinade made with mirin, sake, and soy sauce, glazed with the sauce while cooking, and cut thinly against the grain to serve. Teriyaki Chicken Breasts Chicken Teriyaki made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts poached in homemade teriyaki sauce, served with toasted sesame seeds. Quick and easy! Stir Fried Japanese Eggplant with Ginger and Miso Japanese eggplant slices, gently stir fried with red chilies, ginger, and miso. Pan Simmered Pacific Black Cod Pacific black cod (sable fish) cooked in a broth of sake, rice vinegar, soy sauce and oil, delicious!