- 2 Tbsp high quality canola oil, rice bran oil, or other high smoke point cooking oil
- 3 small dried chile peppers, broken in half (can sub a 1/8 teaspoon of red chili flakes)
- 4 cups julienned celery (cut into pieces about 2 inches long)
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
- A few drops of dark sesame oil (optional)
You'll also need:
- 6-7 Eight ounce canning jars
- Heat the oils and chiles in a wok or frying pan over high heat for 90 seconds, or until the chiles become fragrant and the seeds sizzle.
- Add the celery and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry one more minute. Drizzle with dark sesame oil if using. Serve hot or at room temperature.
You may also like
Tempura Fried Calamari Squid rings or tentacles dipped in a light tempura batter and quickly fried in hot oil. Addictive as popcorn! Celery Stir Fry Japanese-style stir-fry, thin batons of celery, stir-fried with chili-infused oil and soy sauce. Pan Simmered Pacific Black Cod Pacific black cod (sable fish) cooked in a broth of sake, rice vinegar, soy sauce and oil, delicious! Steak Teriyaki Seared flank or skirt steak, marinated first in a teriyaki marinade made with mirin, sake, and soy sauce, glazed with the sauce while cooking, and cut thinly against the grain to serve.