- 2 Tbsp high quality canola oil, rice bran oil, or other high smoke point cooking oil
- 3 small dried chile peppers, broken in half (can sub a 1/8 teaspoon of red chili flakes)
- 4 cups julienned celery (cut into pieces about 2 inches long)
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
- A few drops of dark sesame oil (optional)
You'll also need:
- 6-7 Eight ounce canning jars
- Heat the oils and chiles in a wok or frying pan over high heat for 90 seconds, or until the chiles become fragrant and the seeds sizzle.
- Add the celery and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry one more minute. Drizzle with dark sesame oil if using. Serve hot or at room temperature.
You may also like
Seared Ahi Tuna Ahi tuna, also known as yellowfin tuna, marinated in sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onion, and lime juice, then pan seared. Pan Simmered Pacific Black Cod Pacific black cod (sable fish) cooked in a broth of sake, rice vinegar, soy sauce and oil, delicious! Tempura Fried Calamari Squid rings or tentacles dipped in a light tempura batter and quickly fried in hot oil. Addictive as popcorn! Miso Glazed Salmon Salmon marinated in a mixture of miso, sake, and soy sauce, then broiled.