- 1 1/2 cups sparkling wine or champagne
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon of lemon and or grapefruit zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (Meyer if you have access to them)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (3 slices of sandwich bread or rustic bread, pulsed in a food processor)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Boil champagne, sugar, corn syrup, zest: Put champagne, sugar, corn syrup, and zest into a saucepan. Bring to a vigorous boil so that the sugar completely dissolves, remove from heat.
- Strain: Strain into a stainless steel bowl (will help cool down faster), add the grapefruit juice and lemon juice.
- Chill: Chill completely. To do this, either place bowl in a larger bowl half-filled with ice water, and stir until champagne solution is completely cold, refreshing the ice in the outer bowl if necessary. Or you can cover with plastic wrap and chill in your refrigerator overnight. I put the bowl in the ice compartment of our freezer for a couple hours, because it fits, chills quickly, and is far enough away from the other food in the freezer.
- Process in ice cream maker: Process the mixture in your ice cream maker (Amazon sells a good one) according to the ice cream maker directions.
- Freeze until firm: Transfer mixture to a storage container and freezer in your freezer until firm, at least 6 hours.
You may also like
Cioppino San Francisco-style cioppino Italian fish stew, with fresh halibut, sea bass, Dungeness crab, shrimp, clams, mussels, and oysters in a savory tomato-based broth. Roast Beef Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms Roast Beef Tenderloin, seared then oven roasted, served with mushrooms sautéed in the pan drippings with butter and herbs. Potato Dinner Rolls Potato rolls! So soft and fluffy. These are THE BEST dinner rolls ever. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or for sandwich sliders. Caramelized Pecan Tart Caramelized pecan tart, pecans baked in a tart shell with brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Brown sugar caramelizes around pecans. So good!