- 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
For the chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring until bubbly. Gradually add the milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool, about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cottage cheese, baking powder, salt and mustard; set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add the cream cheese, the cottage cheese mixture and the milk/flour sauce. Fold in the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.
- Pour into a buttered 10" pie plate. Sprinkle the top with chopped green onions and crumbled bacon. Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, around the top. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned. A knife inserted into the center of the quiche should come out clean. Let rest for 15 minutes, serve.
You may also like
Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken Cutlets QUICK and EASY cheesy bruschetta chicken cutlets! Ready in 15 minutes flat. Canned tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella and parmesan. Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Easy mac cheese recipe based on an authentic American Civil War era recipe for maccaroni cheese. Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese Perfect comfort food! Cheesy mac and cheese with sharp cheddar, parmesan, and broccoli. Cheesy Zucchini Bites Cheesy baked zucchini tots, perfect for brunch, lunch, or an after school snack! With cheddar, parmesan, lemon, and rosemary.