- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella
- 12-inch skillet
- 12-inch skillet
- Brown the ground beef: Heat a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking into smaller pieces with a spatula or spoon. When browned, place onto a paper towel lined plate, and drain the beef. Set aside.
- Cook the pepper and onion: In the same pan, add in the bell pepper and onion. Cook until golden brown and softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer this mixture to another plate and set aside.
- Make the sauce: Still in the same the pan, whisk together the chicken broth and half-and-half. Bring this mixture to a simmer. Whisk in flour and continue to simmer, about three minutes until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Cook the noodles: Add the egg noodles to the milk mixture. Cover pan and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked through. Stir occasionally to ensure all noodles are submerged and cooking.
- Add the ground beef, green peppers, and onions back to the pan. Stir to combine. Lastly, stir in the shredded cheese and combine until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Moroccan Meat Loaf Lamb and beef meatloaf with Moroccan seasonings, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, curry powder, cayenne, cinnamon, cilantro, and mint. Beef Goulash with Dumplings Beef goulash with light, fluffy dumplings. Central European goulash, a beef stew with Hungarian paprika, onions, tomato paste, cubed chuck roast, herbs and stock. How to Make Gravy Two easy gravy recipes with photos and step-by-step instructions. Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup) Classic Mexican soup made with meatballs (albondigas), green beens, onions, and chicken stock. A family favorite.