- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella
- 12-inch skillet
- 12-inch skillet
- Brown the ground beef: Heat a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking into smaller pieces with a spatula or spoon. When browned, place onto a paper towel lined plate, and drain the beef. Set aside.
- Cook the pepper and onion: In the same pan, add in the bell pepper and onion. Cook until golden brown and softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer this mixture to another plate and set aside.
- Make the sauce: Still in the same the pan, whisk together the chicken broth and half-and-half. Bring this mixture to a simmer. Whisk in flour and continue to simmer, about three minutes until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Cook the noodles: Add the egg noodles to the milk mixture. Cover pan and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked through. Stir occasionally to ensure all noodles are submerged and cooking.
- Add the ground beef, green peppers, and onions back to the pan. Stir to combine. Lastly, stir in the shredded cheese and combine until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Ginger Beef Stir Fry Easy Beef Stir Fry! With ginger and scallions and a honey soy marinade. Italian Pot Roast Italian pot roast recipe. Rump or chuck beef roast, first browned in olive oil, then slow cooked in a sofritto base of carrots, celery, and onion, with Italian plum tomatoes and red wine. Slow Cooker Taco Soup This slow cooker taco soup with ground beef is so easy - and SO GOOD! Perfect for busy weeks. Flexible cooking times. Liver and Onions Liver and onions! Calves liver, dredged in seasoned flour, sauteed in bacon fat, with thinly sliced onions.