- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 chicken breast halves, pounded very thin, and then cut in half, so that you have 4 thin cutlets
- 1 large shallot, minced, about 2 Tbsp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2-3 cups arugula, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 fennel bulb, shaved thin
- 16-24 paper thin shavings of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup, packed, finely chopped artichoke hearts (cooked fresh or canned artichoke hearts packed in water)
- 6 ounces cooked spinach (if using frozen, thaw first), squeezed to remove excess water (wrap in clean tea towel or several layers of paper towels and squeeze), finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 eggs (large)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced chives or green onion greens
- Sear the chicken cutlets: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a stick-free sauté pan over medium-high heat until almost smoking, about 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle salt over the pounded chicken breasts and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side in the hot pan, working in batches so that you do not crowd the pan. Remove the chicken breasts and cover with foil to keep them warm.
- Sauté the shallots: Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the shallots and cook 1 minute, stirring often. Do not let them burn, and if they begin to brown rapidly, turn the heat down. Add the garlic and cook another 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring often.
- Deglaze pan with wine, add capers, red pepper flakes: Add the white wine and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the capers and red pepper flakes and boil until the wine is almost gone, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with arugula, shaved fennel, shaved Parmesan: To serve, mix the arugula and shaved fennel and put some on each plate. Arrange some shaved parmesan over them. Lay a piece of chicken on each salad, then top with a little of the sauce. Serve hot.
You may also like
Chicken Apple Arugula Goat Cheese Salad Chicken salad with arugula, goat cheese, and apple slices. Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Prosciutto Orecchiette pasta tossed with roasted cauliflower, roasted cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, arugula, and Parmesan. Toasted Turkey Cranberry Arugula Sandwich Toasted turkey sandwich with arugula and cranberry. Many more turkey sandwich ideas from readers in the comments. Chicken Cutlets with Caper Sauce Easy chicken cutlets with caper sauce. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin, seared, served with a caper sauce over arugula, fennel and shaved Parmesan. 1 pan, cooks in 15 minutes!