- 3-4 pounds chicken legs, thighs or wings
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil, or melted butter (or ghee)
- Lemons or limes for serving
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika, or 1-2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°. Coat the drumsticks in the peanut oil or melted butter, then sprinkle with salt.
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl. In a large bowl, mix half of the spice mix with the chicken, then arrange the drumsticks in a casserole dish lined with enough foil to make a package; you will be cooking these legs covered for most of the time.
- Sprinkle more of the spice mix over the drumsticks. You can use all of the spice mix, or stop whenever you want. The more mix, the spicier the chicken. Fold over the foil to seal up the drumsticks and bake for 90 minutes.
- At 90 minutes, open up the foil packet to let the chicken continue to cook uncovered. Continue cooking for at least another 15 minutes, and as long as you like. I like the meat to almost fall off the bone on my drumsticks, so I cook uncovered for another 30-45 minutes.
- To serve, baste with a little of the sauce that forms at the bottom of the pan, and use the rest to flavor some rice or flatbread. Squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the chicken right before you serve it. A green salad is a good side dish, too.
You may also like
Avocado Chicken Salad Easy and Healthy! Avocado chicken salad with avocado, chopped cooked chicken, apple, celery, and onion. No Mayo! How to Make Gravy Two easy gravy recipes with photos and step-by-step instructions. Chicken Mango Lettuce Wraps Chicken Mango Lettuce wraps are light and nourishing, made with stir fried chicken, shiitake mushrooms, and diced mango, served in wraps of lettuce! Chicken and Dumplings Classic chicken and dumplings recipe, a hearty chicken and vegetable stew with homemade dumplings.