- 3-4 pounds chicken legs, thighs or wings
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil, or melted butter (or ghee)
- Lemons or limes for serving
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika, or 1-2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°. Coat the drumsticks in the peanut oil or melted butter, then sprinkle with salt.
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl. In a large bowl, mix half of the spice mix with the chicken, then arrange the drumsticks in a casserole dish lined with enough foil to make a package; you will be cooking these legs covered for most of the time.
- Sprinkle more of the spice mix over the drumsticks. You can use all of the spice mix, or stop whenever you want. The more mix, the spicier the chicken. Fold over the foil to seal up the drumsticks and bake for 90 minutes.
- At 90 minutes, open up the foil packet to let the chicken continue to cook uncovered. Continue cooking for at least another 15 minutes, and as long as you like. I like the meat to almost fall off the bone on my drumsticks, so I cook uncovered for another 30-45 minutes.
- To serve, baste with a little of the sauce that forms at the bottom of the pan, and use the rest to flavor some rice or flatbread. Squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the chicken right before you serve it. A green salad is a good side dish, too.
You may also like
Pasta Skillet with Chicken Sausage, Cheese & Spinach Try this one-skillet pasta dinner with chicken sausage, cheese, and spinach! Takes only 30 minutes to make. Chicken Pasta with Thyme-Mint Cream Sauce Cubed chicken sautéed in olive oil, served with pasta in a creamy sauce infused with thyme, mint, and honey. Chicken Curry in a Hurry A quick, tasty, and filling recipe for chicken curry. Marc’s Cashew Chicken Chicken marinated in peanut oil chili powder, tamari, and honey, then fried with cashews, onions, and mushrooms. Served over rice.